• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A couple of thoughts. Negan is still alive in the comics, so I wonder how long they are going to drag out his story. The governor story dragged on IMO too long, the Negan story is much much longer.

Second, pretty bad taste by the Talking Dead to have their premiere in a cemetery.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well..... after the needless cliffhanger bull**** of last season...... the shock value just fell flat for me.
    I can't be alone here.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    A couple of thoughts. Negan is still alive in the comics, so I wonder how long they are going to drag out his story. The governor story dragged on IMO too long, the Negan story is much much longer.

Second, pretty bad taste by the Talking Dead to have their premiere in a cemetery.

I'm looking forward to how the comic book story will play out on the screen. I hope they don't beat the Negan story line to death and dominate the show with him. There is a lot more going on with the other settlements that deserve more than a couple of stand alone episodes that may be thrown in to break things up temporarily.

Also agree that it's bad form to stage the show in the cemetery. I don't mind the whole 'woodstock' aspect of it, it would have been very cool to attend, but the choice of location was very poor.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I know this is hard to imagine because we love our original group so much but think about this. If you were Negan and people were killing your guys/outposts and possibly a threat would you handle ricks group and different? Besides the skull bashing anyways, although seemingly effective at scaring/breaking several. The comics are amazing and Rick and crew do capture Neagan with an insiders help. Good things to come and I will miss Glenn and Abraham for sure.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well..... after the needless cliffhanger bull**** of last season...... the shock value just fell flat for me.
    I can't be alone here.

I agree. Would have been more shock if they would have beat down Abe last season. Then whacked Glenn during the start of season 7. We had the whole summer to speculate and prepare.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I can't be alone here.

I am with you. Also, they should have went with a limited interruptions premiere. Any tension was broken I felt was broken by the 5 minutes of commercials at every break.

I thought it was pretty stupid but if you look at the Wikipedia page for Hollywood Forever:

The cemetery is active and regularly hosts community events, including music and summer movie screenings.

Sounds more like a park than a cemetery.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I agree. Would have been more shock if they would have beat down Abe last season. Then whacked Glenn during the start of season 7. We had the whole summer to speculate and prepare.

This ^^^^^^^^^^ they spent several episodes building tension then blue balled everyone.

Abe getting smashed could have closed season 6.... squish, Negan laughing and fade to black... everybody would have been wrecked.

THEN season 7 opens with Daryl doing the punch out... Negan getting pissed then hammering Glenn. OH CRAP! I thought Glenn was safe!
    There wouldn't have been 6 or 7 months of speculation since everybody would assume Abe paid the bill.
    BIG Missed opportunity for cheap seat theatrics of a cliffhanger.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know this is hard to imagine because we love our original group so much but think about this. If you were Negan and people were killing your guys/outposts and possibly a threat would you handle ricks group and different? Besides the skull bashing anyways, although seemingly effective at scaring/breaking several. The comics are amazing and Rick and crew do capture Neagan with an insiders help. Good things to come and I will miss Glenn and Abraham for sure.

You need to add a spoiler tag!!!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You need to add a spoiler tag!!!!

See below.

Dude, this whole thread is a spoiler. If you don't watch the episode, don't click the link.

THIS^^^^^^^

I didn't open this thread until after last nights episode.

412af62df4b5ecb59c162ec83a05e7b9362c3d6edf972793c7cbe358900aa2aa.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    This ^^^^^^^^^^ they spent several episodes building tension then blue balled everyone.

Abe getting smashed could have closed season 6.... squish, Negan laughing and fade to black... everybody would have been wrecked.

THEN season 7 opens with Daryl doing the punch out... Negan getting pissed then hammering Glenn. OH CRAP! I thought Glenn was safe!
    There wouldn't have been 6 or 7 months of speculation since everybody would assume Abe paid the bill.
    BIG Missed opportunity for cheap seat theatrics of a cliffhanger.

Whack!

"Taking it like a champ!"

"Suck...My...Balls"

Smack. Then fade to black. Followed by sound effects.

Now that is a season finale.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife is emailing me from work. Seems the head smashing was too much for some people. I told her they were missing the bigger picture. The disturbing part was the Neagan head games. Watching my buddy get whacked would just tick me off and strengthen my resolve. But Neagan broke Rick.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My wife is emailing me from work. Seems the head smashing was too much for some people. I told her they were missing the bigger picture. The disturbing part was the Neagan head games. Watching my buddy get whacked would just tick me off and strengthen my resolve. But Neagan broke Rick.

Agree. I thought the bit with Rick, the kid and the hatchet was a nice touch. It recalled Abraham and Isaac from the old testament.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dude, this whole thread is a spoiler. If you don't watch the episode, don't click the link.

That I get, but do people really want major possible plot points being told even before the show approaches those points? I obviously have already seen the episode, AND being the nerd that I am, already up to date with the comic. I'm just not trying to spoil the fun. This is a discussion thread. We discuss the episode that just aired, not drop possible dimes of upcoming stuff that haven't been onscreen yet.

Top Bottom