• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Much like the guy at the gun shop who runs his bacon hole about how safe he is with guns (and then points the gun at you), the Bloomberg ads that invoke "I'm a gun owner but I want gun bans" suffer the same level of uberfail.

Being lectured on "gun safety" by people unware of how to handle weapons.

Remember, do not get mad, get motivated. If you want to make them mad, mock them.

Video: Guy in Bloomberg gun-control ads breaks all the major rules of gun safety « Hot Air

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw the ad this morning on TV for the first time. I'm all for mocking them but I think it would be a mistake to dismiss the ads' effectiveness. If you look at it from the view point of an average, non-political, maybe-hunting only, gun owner this ad "makes sense". Those ads aren't directed at the typical INGO member. They're aimed at the "pro-2A" guy/gal that happens to own a deer hunting rifle or shotgun and maybe a 10/22 they take out with the kids a few times a year. And by various accounts, there are plenty of "pro-2A" folks out there that are OK with UBC's and magazine limits.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I saw the ad this morning on TV for the first time. I'm all for mocking them but I think it would be a mistake to dismiss the ads' effectiveness. If you look at it from the view point of an average, non-political, maybe-hunting only, gun owner this ad "makes sense". Those ads aren't directed at the typical INGO member. They're aimed at the "pro-2A" guy/gal that happens to own a deer hunting rifle or shotgun and maybe a 10/22 they take out with the kids a few times a year. And by various accounts, there are plenty of "pro-2A" folks out there that are OK with UBC's and magazine limits.
    Which is why we have to point it out to every person we know that is not part of INGO :popcorn:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Anyone liking to tell him to keep his nanny state elitist **** in NY can tweet @MikeBloomberg. Wonder if I will even get a response :)

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    392912_457035981045305_1404530291_n.png

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    To be fair, he doesn't actually have his finger on the trigger in either of those videos. He does have his hand wrapped around the trigger guard in the first one, which probably doesn't count as great trigger discipline, but isn't exactly wrong either.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    This ad just demands parodying, mocking the Mayor and the ad, in major markets. I wish I had a production company!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

I've heard people asking 'why 30 rd mags', the media does have an effect.

So send in your letters.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The stereotypical use of the "Country Bumkin", sitting on the bed of his faithful pick up, with his faithful family in the background playing in the yard of his faithful farm, wearing his faithful "Farmers Outfit", with his, faithful shotgun on his lap is exactly how the elitist Liberals see gun owners.
    A more realistic scenario for New York City would be a hooded "homie" leaning on the trunk of his stolen Audi, holding an RG .22, smoking a cig, telling the camera that he appreciates the gun control efforts of Mayor Bloomberg because unarmed Citizens make his job easier and less dangerous.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I particularly abhor the fear tactic they play at the end of the video.

"You don't want criminals and the mentally ill getting guns now do you? Then you better vote for our 'sensible' gun control!"

OH MAN! I REALLY DON'T WANT THEM GETTING GUNS. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES, BLOOMBERG!

If only the TV had a feature to reach out and smack someone...

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I particularly abhor the fear tactic they play at the end of the video.

"You don't want criminals and the mentally ill getting guns now do you? Then you better vote for our 'sensible' gun control!"

OH MAN! I REALLY DON'T WANT THEM GETTING GUNS. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES, BLOOMBERG!

If only the TV had a feature to reach out and smack someone...

Or something real,

In New York State a skinny punk and his gang kicking the door at Bloombutt's house and doing an aggravated assault on him because he can't protect himself unless his bodyguard is present.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    What!!!! No Dueling Banjos or moonshine still in the background? Why was that pickup truck not on blocks? Where was the couch on the porch? How can you make a convincing commercial directed at gun owners without these tried and true clichés for them to pick up on

Critique of Bloominidiot's commercial production decisions:
    Michael Bloomberg’s gun control campaign: The New York City mayor’s fight against gun rights advocates is making it hard for his allies to broker bipartisan legislation. - Slate Magazine

MH

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    i think we should make fun of liberals as much as possible. This is the left's tactic, and in today's society of ultra idiot, immature highschool minded morons, unfortunately IT WORKS, be the first to mock or make fun of someone for their viewpoint and everyone rallies, this is how the left does it, they set up the argument themselves with the media, then mock anyone who says different by establishing the idea that their viewpoint is already considered right and the opposing viewpoint is stupid and crazy. its very simple. so i say, make fun of it as much as possible! these libs are stupid

Top Bottom