• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

We don’t need to worry about confiscation, we’re safe.

But…but…they’ve sworn an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution. And I was told to expect officers to revolt/quit when confronted with the prospect of such…especially shooting at people minding their own business, on their own property.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So I am curious exactly what the curfew orders were, and the validity and scope of them under Minnesota law.

Indiana code which primarily speaks regarding curfews is related to minors. From what I can tell it is about being in a public space. Standing on one's own porch on one's own land is I believe hard to call a public space. The public is not invited into my yard or onto my porch.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

We don’t need to worry about confiscation, we’re safe.

Note:
    If you’re doing the confiscation, you’re not.

One of those statements are tongue in cheek…

Paintballs are entirely capable of causing serious bodily injury. Catch one in an unprotected eye and you may well be minus vision in one eye. Same for a tooth or an ear.

Threat of serious bodily injury is a criteria for the use of deadly force. The individuals who participated in the afront against the citizens are very lucky they still breathe.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Paintballs are entirely capable of causing serious bodily injury. Catch one in an unprotected eye and you may well be minus vision in one eye. Same for a tooth or an ear.

Threat of serious bodily injury is a criteria for the use of deadly force. The individuals who participated in the afront against the citizens are very lucky they still breathe.

SSS

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Reckon all the elected leaders that gave the orders all got re-elected?

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment

Too bad there weren't some rooftop Koreans around to return their volley.
    I wonder what the fallout from that would be.

p.s. Looked like a reasonably tony neighborhood. I bet they didn't try that stunt in da hood.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So I am curious exactly what the curfew orders were, and the validity and scope of them under Minnesota law.

Indiana code which primarily speaks regarding curfews is related to minors. From what I can tell it is about being in a public space. Standing on one's own porch on one's own land is I believe hard to call a public space. The public is not invited into my yard or onto my porch.
    NY Post picked it up yesterday.

The MSN headline is pure propaganda. Read into the story Down towards the bottom this was enforcing the Saint George riots curfew, not Covid lock downs. That doesn't make shooting people sitting on their porch in their (neighborhood description from NY Post article) in their "trendy Whittier area" with paintballs okay.

Then it says Governor Stolen Valor didn't "ask" the NG to shoot the residents with paintballs.

So you're sayin the guy with Title 32 authority over the NG wasn't involved with the rules of engagement? I call BS. I can see why this POS loves the Chi-coms.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The timing of all this is well documented.

He served, by all accounts I've heard, ably and well up to his service as E-8.

But then there's a couple of problems- a 6 year contract in 2001, taking his enlistment out to 2007...and then he retired in 2005 2 months before his unit deployed. we can debate the "why" and the "how", but that happened.

Beyond that, he was conditionally promoted to CSM, but that promotion was conditioned upon his completion of Sgt. Maj. Academy, then service as a CSM for 2 years thereafter. He completed neither, retired reduced to E-8 Master Sergeant, as he had to be because he did not meet the conditions, but continued to call himself a CSM and to promote having been a CSM.

He said he carried weapons in war, but just like me, he was never in a combat zone or in combat of any kind.

"Swift boating" is what some will call it to make it sounds like there's unsupported claims on one side, but what I put above, as I can tell, are undisputed facts. Make of them what you will.

Don't get me wrong, the clear and deliberate lies are bad, that the lies were facilitating stolen valor is even worse but both are far less concerning to me than his more than 30 trips to China while in the NG. The former demonstrates a decided lack of character, the latter has far more nefarious implications.

Top Bottom