• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not following you down your rabbit hole.

You can look at statistics as well as I. Black women, for example, represent 28% of the unarmed deaths at the hands of police and yet represent 12% of the population. It isn't just Breonna, amigo.

Source. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/investigations/police-shootings-women/

Which begs the question, why are 12% of the population so often implicated in a much higher percentage of crimes? People always point to the higher rate of incarceration as an argument to support "systemic racism". A much more meaningful statistic would be to look at the race of "suspects" in criminal cases. If only 12% of the suspects are black, but the incarceration rate is much higher, then that might be a valid argument. If the percentage of suspects is higher among blacks, then the incarceration rate would logically be higher as well. If 12% are committing 28% of the crimes, that's not racism. Just look at the news every morning where a suspect has been identified. What is the race of that suspect? There's your answer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Per encounter, white people are slightly more likely to be shot by police than black people. Now, you might rightly ask, why are so many black people encountering police such that their numbers are so much higher? And I'm skeptical of that 250 number.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Per encounter, white people are slightly more likely to be shot by police than black people. Now, you might rightly ask, why are so many black people encountering police such that their numbers are so much higher? And I'm skeptical of that 250 number.

Why don't you just say it: They are criminal drug addicts. Black people are criminals and addicted to drugs. That makes it OK to shoot them when they are unarmed. That makes it OK to pull them over on a Terry stop excuse.

Go ahead. You're thinking it. Just say it.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I can't wait until next Wednesdsy, when we will be a United nation again and everyone will get behind President Trump.

Our Nation and people will reach heights untold.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why don't you just say it: They are criminal drug addicts. Black people are criminals and addicted to drugs. That makes it OK to shoot them when they are unarmed. That makes it OK to pull them over on a Terry stop excuse.

C'mon... that is SO not what he was saying. See my post #481.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Which begs the question, why are 12% of the population so often implicated in a much higher percentage of crimes? People always point to the higher rate of incarceration as an argument to support "systemic racism". A much more meaningful statistic would be to look at the race of "suspects" in criminal cases. If only 12% of the suspects are black, but the incarceration rate is much higher, then that might be a valid argument. If the percentage of suspects is higher among blacks, then the incarceration rate would logically be higher as well. If 12% are committing 28% of the crimes, that's not racism. Just look at the news every morning where a suspect has been identified. What is the race of that suspect? There's your answer.

We have a public robbed of their moral character, spirituality, employment, satisfaction in what they do in life, robbed of hope for a better future...
    Of course they're preying on each other. You put people in such a situation and that's what they do. It's not a matter of cranial capacity or melanin content.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So the fix is to elect non-racists? And to do that they have to be from the other party? Thanks for straightening that out.

I think there is more than an even chance that the Senate will be turned over in this election.

So the fact that people refuse to believe the big lie that the US is systematically/systemically racist makes them racist. Thank you for showing how closely you are willing to parrot the BLM propaganda line

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Don't get sucked into arguing with an ideologue who seems to enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing. Some members seem to enjoy taking adversarial positions, and then "schooling" the "unwashed."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think you are inferring things not implied. The statistics are what they are. They don’t imply motive. You should stop believing the worst of people just because they present some facts you find discomforting.

I’m not saying they’re criminals or drug addicts. And Idunno. Maybe your memory isn’t working so well these days. We’ve had this exact conversation before. I said the same thing I’m saying now. I haven’t changed my mind. I am as against stop and frisk as I was in that earlier conversation. But you think you know what I’m thinking now?

I’m saying that if blacks are shot slightly less than whites per encounter, and a disproportional number of blacks are shot more, that means blacks have a lot more encounters. I’m not saying why that is. I don’t know why. It’s unlikely all just one cause. I’m saying that’s what the statistics are. So tell me all the grand top-down plans the democrats are proposing to stop that? They’re not. Because they think like you do that police reform will make it all go away. Again I ask you what police reform would have prevented that man from presenting himself as a deadly threat to the police? I think your ire is misdirected. This isn’t a police issue. This issue stems from factors far upstream from police. If police are called, it’s probably a lot more like closing the barn door after the horses escaped. Maybe some policies could be changed. I think eliminating stop and frisk would reduce a lot of police encounters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About systemic racism, the way it’s defined in a lot of the critical race theory literature, it’s essentially a logical fallacy. It’s systemic racism if the outcome is disproportional to the demographic proportions, regardless of any other factors. So if 12% of the population is black. But a higher percentage of blacks are killed by police than whites, it’s automatically systemic racism. It doesn’t matter the causes. The same applies to other isms, like sexism. If women make less on average than men, it’s automatically systemic sexism, regardless of the factors that produced that outcome. When the conclusion is used as part of the premise, that’s called circular reasoning.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have a public robbed of their moral character, spirituality, employment, satisfaction in what they do in life, robbed of hope for a better future...
    Of course they're preying on each other. You put people in such a situation and that's what they do. It's not a matter of cranial capacity or melanin content.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NKBJ again.

*cough*LBJ*cough*

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

It is instructive to look at the demographic breakdown of the FBI violent crime database, because witnesses are describing the perpetrator(s) to police rather than police developing the suspect on their own, which should eliminate some police racial bias (should it exist)

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    About systemic racism, the way it’s defined in a lot of the critical race theory literature, it’s essentially a logical fallacy. It’s systemic racism if the outcome is disproportional to the demographic proportions, regardless of any other factors. So if 12% of the population is black. But a higher percentage of blacks are killed by police than whites, it’s automatically systemic racism. It doesn’t matter the causes. The same applies to other isms, like sexism. If women make less on average than men, it’s automatically systemic sexism, regardless of the factors that produced that outcome. When the conclusion is used as part of the premise, that’s called circular reasoning.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

The rep gods are against me tonight.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Police reform and a possible presidential administration that wants to reduce stockpiling of guns.

No cops, no guns. What could go wrong?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't get sucked into arguing with an ideologue who seems to enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing. Some members seem to enjoy taking adversarial positions, and then "schooling" the "unwashed."
    Well, c’mon. Alpo is rightly frustrated. It is a death that did not have to happen. We keep hearing all these cases of blacks getting shot by police. Would be grand if there were a quick fix. There may be some too down solution. But no one who likes top down solutions have even identified the correct hemisphere in which the causes lie. President Harris will have an ideological solution for sure, and it will likely exacerbate the problem. All the top down solutions we’ve had have just made things worse.

Economics had been making things a bit better. Then came the shutdown. Violence has gone through the roof since. And the the riots have sent it into orbit.

Top Bottom