molly liked it too!

n748615396_7025233_1929532.jpg

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Here is my guy, some sort of pit mix. A friend found him on the side of the road north of Ft. Wayne. Staff infection, tar on his stomach and flees! Have had him for three years now :D

IMG_2360.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm a cat guy, but I know what you're talking about. Each has a unique personality, and you have to be able and willing to work with it. I've inherited a schnauzer as well, and she's got her own thing going. I think she thinks she's a cat. If I didn't know cats so well I probably wouldn't have caught it. She needs a bath though, she smells bad.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    That happens to me too when I get my picture taken. I really need to start wearing pants.

I don't think the 2 pups would tolerate pants, altho I did try to put a baby diaper on a pup we had several years ago. BAD MOVE! I didn't know that inside all that cotton were millions and millions of little beads that go POOF all over the place. I did it on our waterbed, and ended up taking an hour to vacuum them off with a dust vac. Not my brightest idea! :):

The boys were only 4 months old in that picture (you can imagine how big they are now!) and it was their "sign" that they had to go potty, that's why their "pencils were sticking out of their pants". Yes, we have some strange terminology around here. But hey, what ever works...right? Benji is topping the scales at close to 70 lbs now, and the other one is up to 165 and climbing. He's a couch potato tho, and needs to be walked more. They eat like horses, romp around the back yard, and chase off imaginary (or real?) burglars every chance they get. It works great for the nights Bill has to work, I'm completely protected from anyone or anything that would try to get in. The bigger one has the most bogundus teeth you've ever seen, and Benji's not far behind.

Pound for pound, I'm not sure who has the stronger bite, and hopefully we'll never need to find out! But if we do, my $$'s on both the dogs, gun or no gun on the perp, he won't get a chance to use it. When being dive bombed from above and below by that much weight, usually the person just buckles in the middle, then the game of "tug of war" begins. As our daughter is wont to say......"Sucks to be them!" And should they ever get past the dogs, and I find myself or myself and our daughter in any danger, that's why I have Betsy ready and in hand when the boys go into protective mode. Just to hedge my bet!

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Tazzy6-10.jpg

I didn't get to play! Here's my mix - there's some bully in that somewhere. Black and vicious - even brought me 4 mice in the last two days! :D

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    im not anti pitbull by any means. i just prefer my cats b/c they are lazy asses... and so am i, so when i want to be left alone, i probably will be b/c my cats are most likely sleeping. lol.

however. my cats are "mutts" if you will. if i ever get a dog it will be a mutt. im starting to learn from the goats im raising, that if you get, and pay for a "purebread" it translates to "inbread". and they are dumb and disfigured. i dont care if they have papers or not. give me a mutt. they are smarter. better tempered. healthier. and i truly think this goes for people too.

i was raised in a dutch community and im not 100 percent dutch. the older i get. the more proud of it i become. the inbread genes are NO GOOD.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    im not anti pitbull by any means. i just prefer my cats b/c they are lazy asses... and so am i, so when i want to be left alone, i probably will be b/c my cats are most likely sleeping. lol.

however. my cats are "mutts" if you will. if i ever get a dog it will be a mutt. im starting to learn from the goats im raising, that if you get, and pay for a "purebread" it translates to "inbread". and they are dumb and disfigured. i dont care if they have papers or not. give me a mutt. they are smarter. better tempered. healthier. and i truly think this goes for people too.

i was raised in a dutch community and im not 100 percent dutch. the older i get. the more proud of it i become. the inbread genes are NO GOOD.

Yeah, I cant agree with all of that. My registered APBT is a lazy ass too....I also have quite the pedigree on him, and have not been able to find one example of inbreeding in 17 generations.

I understand this is a rarity, but mutts are not always better than purebreds, I will also say that they are rarely worse though.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    When I was a little boy, I was given a Rott mix puppy by a boy at school whos parents were gonna "Get rid of them." He loved our family, but he did not care for strangers. I think he thought that everyone was trying to hurt us maybe. My parents would have probably got rid of him, but I was like 8 or 9, so they didnt want to put me through that. His name was Boomer, and he was a good friend.

Now Pitbulls? My friends have had several, they seem alright to me, but personally, I just think theyre ugly, no offense to anyone. My favorite pup? Beagles!!!! I love the little guys. Kids and beagles is a pretty beautiful thing. They always seem so happy together.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok, I'll join in on the beauty contest....Here's Benji, at his most regal! Sorry that it came out sideways again, once we get a few minutes and Bills home, maybe we can figure out how to post the pictures right side up. At this point all I can do is post them from my photobucket, and a lot of them are sideways. Dunno? I can turn them around while they're on my phone, but once on here I can't seem to get them to go the right way. Sorry if anyone gets a kink in their neck....it's not for lack of trying!

:): As you can see, he's a Red Nose Pit, but still a sweetie. I had to give him a tranq earlier, so he's presently sacked out on our bed, but at least he's stopped shivering and his teeth have stopped clacking. (He doesn't chatter, he clacks.) We had a minor T-Storm earlier, and he's terrified of them. Bill and I almost laughed ourselves silly the last time we had one. Here's this supposedly big, bad, mean, vicious, terrorizing, horribly dangerous breed of dog.....stuffed as far as he can get into the corner of the laundry room. Hiding for his very life! I had to let them out earlier, and it was raining so hard that he refused to go. You'd think he thinks he'll melt! Thankfully both the bigger dogs have the bladders of camels, or we'd really be in trouble when the storms hit! When dogs this big have "an accident", they don't leave "piddle puddles"...they leave LAKES!

And who ordered this screwy weather? I had to kick on the air it was so warm in the house, and when I checked the outside temp.....it was still in the 50's! Did someone forget to tell old Mother Nature that it's DECEMBER, and almost Christmas? We've had weird weather all year, and I'm NOT complaining about rain instead of snow....but seriously? In the 50's??? It was colder than this last year while I was still out in CA. Oh well, here's Prince #2 of the castle, Sam is Prince #1, (because of his enormous size) and Dad is the King! Which makes me the Queen, and our daughter is their "sissy". She likes the fact that her bros are all dogs, it makes for less competition even tho they will stick up for her like regular human ones do. Well....maybe a bit more so. I've never heard of a case where the sister was being picked on and the brothers, while defending her honor, drew back their lips and let all their shiny whites show to fend off the offender. :): Anyway, here's my "baby boy", gorgeous isn't he? And his Momma loves him dearly!
    7th Stepper

Benjireclining.jpg

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    :): As you can see, he's a Red Nose Pit, but still a sweetie. I had to give him a tranq earlier, so he's presently sacked out on our bed, but at least he's stopped shivering and his teeth have stopped clacking. (He doesn't chatter, he clacks.) We had a minor T-Storm earlier, and he's terrified of them. Bill and I almost laughed ourselves silly the last time we had one. Here's this supposedly big, bad, mean, vicious, terrorizing, horribly dangerous breed of dog.....stuffed as far as he can get into the corner of the laundry room. Hiding for his very life! I had to let them out earlier, and it was raining so hard that he refused to go. You'd think he thinks he'll melt! Thankfully both the bigger dogs have the bladders of camels, or we'd really be in trouble when the storms hit! When dogs this big have "an accident", they don't leave "piddle puddles"...they leave LAKES!
    [/QUOTE]

Have you heard of Thundershirts for dogs? They're pressure garments that are supposed to help with those kinds of issues. I've never personally tried them but have seen rave reviews from some of the rescues & other dog people on Facebook. Might be worth checking into. Here's a link to their webpage.

Thundershirt | The Best Dog Anxiety Treatment

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    I'm a true dog lover. We live in a rural part of the county. Our neighbors have a rott and doberman. We have a 12 year old female lab and a 5 year lab mix. Our neighbors have an underground fence for restraining their dogs who are extremely aggressive when they see our two dogs in our yard. Their dogs always comes to the shock line and they get so worked up that they attack each other, but it has always stopped them. I have said many times one day this fence will fail. Two weeks ago we went to my Fathers house for awhile when we came home the rott had our 5 year old down by the throat shaking him bad. I thought my dog was dead but he got up gushing blood from his throat after I chased the rott away. The shock collar had came off the rott allowing him to attack our dog. After $3,000.00 in vet bills my dog has pulled through, but has nerve damage to one eye, several deep puncture wounds on his neck, and a torn wind pipe that required surgery to correct. Our neighbors could care less about what happened. My intentions were to kill their dog as soon as we returned from the vet that night if they hadn't already. I found out that civilized law does not allow me to kill their dog on sight as I had planned. They have kept them penned inside their barn so far, but I know this will not last and the underground fence will fail again. I pray I'm home when it does, if not I know one or both of our dogs will die. As soon as this dog steps on my property I know I will have to kill it and as a dog lover I hate doing it, but will in an instant. I have nothing against Pits or Rotts, but I do against ignorant dog owners

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You'd be better off waiting for the neighbors cross the property lines and popping them as if you kill their dog (right or wrong) they'll just get another. They have already shown they're not responsible enough for dog ownership...not sure if they should have just stuck with trying to raise kids or maybe hamsters.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I'm a true dog lover. We live in a rural part of the county. Our neighbors have a rott and doberman. We have a 12 year old female lab and a 5 year lab mix. Our neighbors have an underground fence for restraining their dogs who are extremely aggressive when they see our two dogs in our yard. Their dogs always comes to the shock line and they get so worked up that they attack each other, but it has always stopped them. I have said many times one day this fence will fail. Two weeks ago we went to my Fathers house for awhile when we came home the rott had our 5 year old down by the throat shaking him bad. I thought my dog was dead but he got up gushing blood from his throat after I chased the rott away. The shock collar had came off the rott allowing him to attack our dog. After $3,000.00 in vet bills my dog has pulled through, but has nerve damage to one eye, several deep puncture wounds on his neck, and a torn wind pipe that required surgery to correct. Our neighbors could care less about what happened. My intentions were to kill their dog as soon as we returned from the vet that night if they hadn't already. I found out that civilized law does not allow me to kill their dog on sight as I had planned. They have kept them penned inside their barn so far, but I know this will not last and the underground fence will fail again. I pray I'm home when it does, if not I know one or both of our dogs will die. As soon as this dog steps on my property I know I will have to kill it and as a dog lover I hate doing it, but will in an instant. I have nothing against Pits or Rotts, but I do against ignorant dog owners

You need to contact the neighbor's insurance company to find out if they will reimburse your vet bills. If nothing else I would be inclined to take them to small claims court. Sometimes the only way to get the attention of an idiot is to attack their wallet. I am surprised there is nothing the law or animal control can do about their dog since it is obviously vicious.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    You need to contact the neighbor's insurance company to find out if they will reimburse your vet bills. If nothing else I would be inclined to take them to small claims court. Sometimes the only way to get the attention of an idiot is to attack their wallet. I am surprised there is nothing the law or animal control can do about their dog since it is obviously vicious.
    They are a young couple. I doubt they even have insurance. As far as animal control***, we live way out in the sticks and there is no such service. I am still hoping they get a better way of restraining these dogs such as a chain link fence instead of the electric invisible fence, but I'm sure that's not going to happen. What really scares the hell out of me is they have a 6 month old baby that could come to harm from these dogs. When I ask them about this their reply was "we never sit the baby down when the dogs are around"

Top Bottom