• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be participating in the "Special Antlerless Season"?

• Total voters

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If this weekend's forcast (3 days of solid rain) holds out, I may have too. Kept procrastinating on a little de-pop area and now it's down to crunch time. Plan to take 6-8 does out of there. A little smoking, a little canning and a whole lot of grinding are in order. Reminds me I've got to hit Sam's for a case of bacon. (Procrastination!)

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Im going to go the last weekend of muzzleloader and try the special bonus season, I've only killed one this year so hopefully I can get atleast one more but two would be nice

sportsman223

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Passing on Doe's
    Absolutely not, no doe's will be killed on any of our farms. Most of the neighbors on the same page will not even be going near the woods hopefully they will all stay in the bottoms or in the standing corn that was left.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Absolutely not, no doe's will be killed on any of our farms. Most of the neighbors on the same page will not even be going near the woods hopefully they will all stay in the bottoms or in the standing corn that was left.

Can I ask what your reasoning is? You sound very adamant about it.

sportsman223

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Passing on Doe's
    Sorry to the OP,but it was asked.
    Last years EHD, way to many doe tags and the # of deer in parts of the state. Indiana I believe will see a sharp #'s decline all over the state in the next couple years look at some of the declines in neighboring states this year so far, it will be interesting to see what IN # are at the end of this year. I hope I am wrong, but still doesn't change my stance.
    I know some say Indiana will reduce #'s no matter what, but not on any of the property's we hunt I don't care how many permits/season's they have. Maybe in some areas of the state reduction needs done, but not in any we hunt

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Sorry to the OP,but it was asked.
    Last years EHD, way to many doe tags and the # of deer in parts of the state. Indiana I believe will see a sharp #'s decline all over the state in the next couple years look at some of the declines in neighboring states this year so far, it will be interesting to see what IN # are at the end of this year. I hope I am wrong, but still doesn't change my stance.
    I know some say Indiana will reduce #'s no matter what, but not on any of the property's we hunt I don't care how many permits/season's they have. Maybe in some areas of the state reduction needs done, but not in any we hunt

No need to be "sorry". I am looking to generate some posts in this and not just voting..

Yes, some areas of the state need this season and some areas don't. It is pretty tough for the DNR deer biologists to call the shots on each and every parcel. That is where we come in. Just because the DNR says that you can hunt then and kill X amount of antlerless deer does not mean that you HAVE to.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I shot a cull buck early in the season and have been eating on him. Late doe season is a good time for me to get a second deer for the season since I have limited freezer space. I really don't think reducing the number of doe tags or shortening the season would have much impact on the number of deer taken. Most hunters in Indiana don't take more than 2 deer anyway.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I missed a 6 pointer and a decent sized doe during firearm season. I need to get to the range and see if it is me or the gun and fix the problem as to why I can't hit my target. If I get that sorted I'll be out for a couple of days, if not, no venison for me this year. :(

sportsman223

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Passing on Doe's
    Policing our self's I wish everyone would do that, but in our world today that is something of the past
    Same with leave it better than you found it. After all we are only caretakers for the next generation.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    I plan on going out there to get a deer for the freezer. It is empty and have not seen anything during daylight for some time. Just hope to see a nice sized doe!

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Depends, I have put 2 in the freezer already and if I get another one in MI next week I dont think I will need anymore. At that point I would just be rubbing it in.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I had no luck this year during firearm season. was sick the first 2 weekends. kinda hard to see deer while sniffling and sneezing. I would like to can some venison this year. so this will be my last chance.

Top Bottom