• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well I have to decide if I want to send the 320s all in right away, wait to see how the triggers are after the upgrade or what....
    Might wait a bit, sure to be a bunch of people freaking out and sending everything under the sun in right away

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Might wait a bit, sure to be a bunch of people freaking out and sending everything under the sun in right away

Those are my thoughts as well. I don't own a P320, but I can imagine that there are close to 500 gajillion of them out there, all going back at the same time.

As Expat says, it might be prudent to wait and see what the reports are on how the trigger feels/functions after the replacement.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yeah, I would rather risk the rather minor drop hazard versus getting a crappy Glocky trigger in my P320s...
    Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. The trigger was one of the big reasons to buy that P 320. The more I shoot it, the better it gets.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yeah, I would rather risk the rather minor drop hazard versus getting a crappy Glocky trigger in my P320s...

Haha! Hilarious!

I was shooting in a Steel Challenge Match up at ACC last month when my P226 lost its sear spring, and they let me continue with another gun, but the only other gun I brought with me was my every day carry P938, which is not really what I would call a "match gun". One of the guys on my squad very generously let me borrow one of his Glocks that he had in the trunk of his car. I am very grateful to him as that was really my only option at the time.

It was not my favorite trigger. I hate to say anything bad because he was so nice to let me use it, but I will just say again, "It was not my favorite trigger." Just not used it I suppose...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Haha! Hilarious!

I was shooting in a Steel Challenge Match up at ACC last month when my P226 lost its sear spring, and they let me continue with another gun, but the only other gun I brought with me was my every day carry P938, which is not really what I would call a "match gun". One of the guys on my squad very generously let me borrow one of his Glocks that he had in the trunk of his car. I am very grateful to him as that was really my only option at the time.

It was not my favorite trigger. I hate to say anything bad because he was so nice to let me use it, but I will just say again, "It was not my favorite trigger." Just not used it I suppose...
    "Just not used to it..." That's what the Glock fanbois say. I had a Glock 23 and shot it a lot. I just never cared for it. Glock has a mighty following and good reputation, in general...just not my cup of tea.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Agree about the Glock trigger. I have a 23, pretty easy to carry but snappy recoil and bad trigger make it the one I shoot with the least.
    You might reach out and ask, maybe they aren't too backed up but wouldn't hold your breath

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Went to my local shop yesterday to see if my colt had arrived. It had not. I couldn't leave empty handed, so a nice little p938 rosewood came home with me. Thought about waiting for one of the rubber grip models, but this one felt secure in the hand with the extended 7rd mag. As you all have posted previously, these wood grips should also help it pocket carry nicely. Pretty excited to try it out. I'm no photographer but it might be about time for a signess pic. Thanks for helping me justify expanding the sig collection guys!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was playing with my son's P320 full size in .45 this morning and am thinking that if that gun were a carry sized .45, it would make a heck of a good carry gun. I have a Glock 30sf that I just can't seem to get used to and am now thinking that maybe I need to give a P320 Carry a try.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I was playing with my son's P320 full size in .45 this morning and am thinking that if that gun were a carry sized .45, it would make a heck of a good carry gun. I have a Glock 30sf that I just can't seem to get used to and am now thinking that maybe I need to give a P320 Carry a try.
    Good news on that, you can swap out pretty much everything and design it however.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Thought we needed some more 938 lovin.
    I replaced the sights with a set of Sig X-Ray night sights and got thru 150 rounds without a hitch yet.
    I ended up switching holsters over to a Galco King Tuk because I didn't like the way it fit in this one.
    Still not satisfied and will be changing out to either a Desantis thumb break mini slide like my 238 has or been thinking of going with a Stealth Gear setup.
    Only other thing I am thinking of doing is getting a Streamlight TRL-6.IMAG2976 shrunk 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2976 shrunk.jpg
      IMAG2976 shrunk.jpg
      383.4 KB · Views: 5

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I replaced the sights with a set of Sig X-Ray night sights and got thru 150 rounds without a hitch yet.
    I ended up switching holsters over to a Galco King Tuk because I didn't like the way it fit in this one.
    Still not satisfied and will be changing out to either a Desantis thumb break mini slide like my 238 has or been thinking of going with a Stealth Gear setup.
    Only other thing I am thinking of doing is getting a Streamlight TRL-6.View attachment 58078

I love the X-ray sights. They came on my Legion and I liked them so much I put them on my P229 as well.... :yesway:

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Only other thing I am thinking of doing is getting a Streamlight TRL-6.

Congratulations, she looks great!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So, was able to go shooting both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Saturday with my father. Sunday comes around and the wife says she wants to go shooting at the range that just opened up down the road. I ask, what all should we bring, her reply was, "bring the Sig". Not wanting to disappoint, I brought out the MK25, P228 and Mosquito. She loves the P228, so, I may have lost my carry gun, lol. We put almost the entire 3 boxes through that with no issues of course. Then 200 through the Mosquito, love that 22, although it doesn't love all the ammo, I have found a lot that runs without issues. Anyway, I figured everyone would enjoy her quote on what to bring to the range.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So, was able to go shooting both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Saturday with my father. Sunday comes around and the wife says she wants to go shooting at the range that just opened up down the road. I ask, what all should we bring, her reply was, "bring the Sig". Not wanting to disappoint, I brought out the MK25, P228 and Mosquito. She loves the P228, so, I may have lost my carry gun, lol. We put almost the entire 3 boxes through that with no issues of course. Then 200 through the Mosquito, love that 22, although it doesn't love all the ammo, I have found a lot that runs without issues. Anyway, I figured everyone would enjoy her quote on what to bring to the range.
    The classic P series really are a joy to shoot. She is a smart woman. And it doesnt get much better than the P228.

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Newest addition to the Sig family. 1982 P6, gave it a good cleaning, new spring kit, 19lb mainspring, SRT, and some polish on the feed ramp. Ran a 100 rounds through it yesterday to check everything out, functioned flawlessly and a great shooter!

TsViUSD.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The classic P series really are a joy to shoot. She is a smart woman. And it doesnt get much better than the P228.
    Agree with that. I had one issued while doing Army Investigations, but turned in when sent to the next unit. Enjoyed it enough I bought one when I seen a used one on sale for a great price. That was 2010 to 2011. Still a shooter for sure.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Newest addition to the Sig family. 1982 P6, gave it a good cleaning, new spring kit, 19lb mainspring, SRT, and some polish on the feed ramp. Ran a 100 rounds through it yesterday to check everything out, functioned flawlessly and a great shooter!

TsViUSD.jpg
    Beautiful piece. Actually, great picture too, mine never look that good.

Top Bottom