• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hiroshima_detroit.jpg

One would wonder if the federal govt intervened in Detroit, and spent billions (when the word meant something) on public infrastructure and providing for defense law enforcement.... like they did in Japan, if Detroit wouldn't have turned out differently. Imagine for a second, that after reducing Japan to rubble, we made them rebuild their own economy. Smart money says that the Japanese auto industry would have never become to behemoth it is today, which essentially destroyed the Detroit auto industry.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Kut, the Detroit auto industry destroyed itself. They didn't pay attention, they rolled over for the unions, quality wasn't there. The Japanese simply stepped in with better product.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Kut, the Detroit auto industry destroyed itself. They didn't pay attention, they rolled over for the unions, quality wasn't there. The Japanese simply stepped in with better product.

:+1: Yep, almost my entire family worked in the auto industry and were UAW members when I was growing up.(I'm 53) The unions, lack of quality control, automation and the ease of moving to Mexico destroyed Detroit and the auto industry. The union workers (not all, but many) in those plants just didn't care, if they screwed something up or didn't do their jobs, the union protected them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You can mock folks of conscience but you have a tough time denying their results are worth the effort.

The social scientists like to tell us that the old notions such as "gender" are social constructs, by which they mean to imply that the former "social constructs" must be proscribed, replaced with their prescribed social constructs, in so doing somehow promotes social justice. As we watch society die from its own self-indulgent weight.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One would wonder if the federal govt intervened in Detroit, and spent billions (when the word meant something) on public infrastructure and providing for defense law enforcement.... like they did in Japan, if Detroit wouldn't have turned out differently. Imagine for a second, that after reducing Japan to rubble, we made them rebuild their own economy. Smart money says that the Japanese auto industry would have never become to behemoth it is today, which essentially destroyed the Detroit auto industry.

I think more "bacon" is not what Detroit needed. Probably better leadership would have been more helpful.

[video=youtube;YG8YWpnugJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8YWpnugJE[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Oh, In clear on that. They carried on bad business practices for far too long. However, Detroit wasn't given the chance to outgrow their bad practices, which most would say the free market would've corrected. Instead, foreign industries were artificially infused with capital to build their economies. Economies that became incredibly powerful in less than 25 years after the war.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We destroyed nations in wars that we did not start, and to show our benevolence and to ward off future wars we paid reparations to the aggressors.

We destroyed nations on this continent in the name of manifest destiny and have never repented of our injustice.

We did not destroy Detroit, I see no reason to throw good money to bad.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The social scientists like to tell us that the old notions such as "gender" are social constructs, by which they mean to imply that the former "social constructs" must be proscribed, replaced with their prescribed social constructs, in so doing somehow promotes social justice. As we watch society die from its own self-indulgent weight.

Well said.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Well, it was violence using a gun. But it was also domestic terrorism. It just serves the media's narrative to report it as gun violence.

gun_violence_CNN.png

I think this is the one where the criminal used a gun that was stolen from a Philadelphia police officer. Not 100% sure on that.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Sadly real it would seem;
    New CCTV Posters In UK Train Stations ? Posters Better Than CCTV Itself? ? Ad Savvy

Thankfully the "I won't confront the State" one was mocking another ad campaign
    Transport for London ad campaign spoofed - Channel 4 News
    Although those responsible for the ads that resulted in the counter ads described the cartoons as "offensive"

Some stats indicate that the UK has ~1% of the world's population, but 20% of its CCTV cameras.

Some time ago I had seen that the average Londoner shows up on CCTV 2000 times a day. A quick Google search says there are 11-14 people per camera. (Although another result said 32, but I believe that was for the entire UK) There has also been an over abundance of red light cameras and speed limit cameras, and the people are getting sick of it. Many cameras get destroyed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some time ago I had seen that the average Londoner shows up on CCTV 2000 times a day. A quick Google search says there are 11-14 people per camera. (Although another result said 32, but I believe that was for the entire UK) There has also been an over abundance of red light cameras and speed limit cameras, and the people are getting sick of it. Many cameras get destroyed.

They got the *****-ass government they voted for.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is the "sad but true pictures" thread. I disagree with ALL that guy had to say.

That's OK. You post here and many people disagree with you. In fact, you often seem happiest when others disagree with you.
    Agreement does not prove truth and disagreement does prove falsehood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's OK. You post here and many people disagree with you. In fact, you often seem happiest when others disagree with you.
    Agreement does not prove truth and disagreement does prove falsehood.

I just try to apply common sense. And my particular form or common sense tells me that our society is murderous due to drugs, greed, and hate....not because people like to have sex, cheat on their spouses, rub the genie, are gay, or use condoms or birth control pills? I'm betting you are guilty of at least a few of the latter, and hopefully you're not murderous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom