Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    semi_stop.jpg

I'll never understand why people do this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, that's your story, counselor?

Given that the Vette is at least 2 cars lengths back from the intersection, we can surmise that it stopped behind a couple of other cars. One wonders why the truck was going fast enough to obliterate the Vette when there clearly had to be other cars stopped in front of the Vette. I suppose they all cut in front of the truck and slammed on their brakes?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Given that the Vette is at least 2 cars lengths back from the intersection, we can surmise that it stopped behind a couple of other cars. One wonders why the truck was going fast enough to obliterate the Vette when there clearly had to be other cars stopped in front of the Vette. I suppose they all cut in front of the truck and slammed on their brakes?

I'd buy your argument, except that the truck appears to be solidly in the right lane while the Corvette is between lanes. It appears more that it cut close in front of the truck and then slowed (possibly to take the corner) when it was run over.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd buy your argument, except that the truck appears to be solidly in the right lane while the Corvette is between lanes. It appears more that it cut close in front of the truck and then slowed (possibly to take the corner) when it was run over.
    I'm wondering if there was a passenger sitting in that right hand seat. The resolution on that photo isn't really good enough to see any skid marks on the road if the car was forcibly moved by the truck.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm wondering if there was a passenger sitting in that right hand seat. The resolution on that photo isn't really good enough to see any skid marks on the road if the car was forcibly moved by the truck.

I think if we don't know the actual story it's impossible to know the details well enough to say whose fault it was. Driver might have swerved in front of the truck not giving him time to stop. Truck driver may not have been paying attention and just ran over the stopped car. I guess we'll just make whatever we want of it. I say Godzilla got tired of playing with the truck and dropped it on the car.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

The NIH reports:
    "We know a lot about where marijuana acts in the brain and how it affects specific sites called cannabinoid receptors. These receptors are found in brain regions that influence learning and memory, appetite, coordination, and pleasure. That’s why marijuana produces the effects it does. Research suggests that the effects on memory, learning, and intelligence can be long term and even permanent in people who begin using marijuana regularly as teens."

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-facts-teens/want-to-know-more-some-faqs-about-marijuana

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom