• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    On one stretch of the Missouri river, only 4 of 10 bridges are still open due to flooding:

js24uOg.jpg

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    2873h1v.jpg

Taxpayer cost approximately $3.6 million. $3.6 million into the president's pocket.

For more:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...st-to-hold-it-at-his-golf-course-was-denied-2

Without spending the time to look up the specifics, it is my understanding Trump’s travel expenses pale in comparison to his predecessor who standardly brought an entourage of foot servants and toadies up to and including his damn dog groomer. Best not try too hard to make this an issue. I don’t think facts are much on your side re: travel expense excesses for Trump compared to Obama. Wanna throw Pelosi’s multiple trips to California on the public dole or other similar excesses ? Hell, there’s probably enough mud slinging material to go around on most politicians from overseas junkets, etc.

I suggest you pick a different subject to try to continue to malign Trump. This one’s a little thin. At the least, Trump’s donation of his salary to various causes ought to partially offset your complaint.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Without spending the time to look up the specifics, it is my understanding Trump’s travel expenses pale in comparison to his predecessor who standardly brought an entourage of foot servants and toadies up to and including his damn dog groomer. Best not try too hard to make this an issue. I don’t think facts are much on your side re: travel expense excesses for Trump compared to Obama. Wanna throw Pelosi’s multiple trips to California on the public dole or other similar excesses ? Hell, there’s probably enough mud slinging material to go around on most politicians from overseas junkets, etc.

I suggest you pick a different subject to try to continue to malign Trump. This one’s a little thin. At the least, Trump’s donation of his salary to various causes ought to partially offset your complaint.

I can tell you haven't spent the time looking up the specifics. The current president's expenses have blown away his predecessor. He will more than likely have incurred more expenses than his predecessor's entire 8 year term, by the end of the current's president's first. And this is keeping in mind that he's staying a bunch at his own properties.
    I'm throughly curious why you believed something so wildly incorrect. Were you told this, read it somewhere, or just could fathom the idea that the current president is fleecing us, just like the last one?... just with a bigger expense receipt, that luckily for him also lines his pockets on many an occasion.
    If you can find any source that indicates that president isn't spending as much, if not more, on travel than his predecessor, I'd be interested in reading it.

If you care to look:
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-golf-102-million-report-1432550

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If it comes down to which extravagant spender spent more on extravagant vacations and foreign visits, the tit-for-tat is quite silly. If you’re against extravagant spending by presidents, the thing that would make your real motives clear is consistently opposing it regardless who is president.

However, if you don’t/didn’t complain about the guy you like doing it, but do/did complain about the guy you hate doing it, maybe you should consider that you really don’t give a flying **** about the extravagant spending. It’s the person doing the spending you’re willing either to condemn or ignore.

I think the most honest way to handle it would be either to decide whether you hate extravagant spending, or you don’t. Which means you don’t care who it is doing it, you tend to respond the same way regardless.

Kut/anti-Trumpers: ooh, but Trump’s extra poopy. He’s poopier than the other guy and that’s why I didn’t complain about Obama’s and Moochelle’s extravagant vacations.

Trumpers: but Obama was extra poopiest, and Obama/Moochelle took all those extravagant vacations, and Trump is the greatest POTUS ever!

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fellas. You either hate extravagant spending or you don’t care all that much. Pick one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it comes down to which extravagant spender spent more on extravagant vacations and foreign visits, the tit-for-tat is quite silly. If you’re against extravagant spending by presidents, the thing that would make your real motives clear is consistently opposing it regardless who is president.

However, if you don’t/didn’t complain about the guy you like doing it, but do/did complain about the guy you hate doing it, maybe you should consider that you really don’t give a flying **** about the extravagant spending. It’s the person doing the spending you’re willing either to condemn or ignore.

I think the most honest way to handle it would be either to decide whether you hate extravagant spending, or you don’t. Which means you don’t care who it is doing it, you tend to respond the same way regardless.

Kut/anti-Trumpers: ooh, but Trump’s extra poopy. He’s poopier than the other guy and that’s why I didn’t complain about Obama’s and Moochelle’s extravagant vacations.

Trumpers: but Obama was extra poopiest, and Obama/Moochelle took all those extravagant vacations, and Trump is the greatest POTUS ever!

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fellas. You either hate extravagant spending or you don’t care all that much. Pick one.

Honestly, the bigger problem for me, that goes beyond the spending, is the self-enrichment.
    Oh, I'm also setting the record straight for people that think their guy is any better than the last. Something-something drain the swamp, break the wheel, he's not a politician.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I remember when Clinton went to China he took 900 plus people with him in several planes. I think Pelosi regularly took a USAF plane from DC to CA. IIRC Bush put a stop to it. The Dems show their hypocrisy when they bring up crap like this.

Not to mention Obama sending a plane to pick up the dog.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    2873h1v.jpg

Taxpayer cost approximately $3.6 million. $3.6 million into the president's pocket.

For more:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...st-to-hold-it-at-his-golf-course-was-denied-2

This seems specious. In a (cursory) check I can't find anything saying the US Gov't paid anything for his actual accommodations at Doonbeg. All of the usual MSMBS sources (and you) are reading from the same talking points and virtually all of the numbers are expenses for travel and security

I picked HuffPo so you would approve of the source

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-doonbeg-video_n_5cfa7f93e4b0c7edd0b661a5
    Trump’s $3.6 Million Ireland Detour Brings Taxpayer-Funded Golf Tab To $105.8 million

The State Department began signing contracts for the trip on May 22. Among them: $1,023,940 to rent cars and limos; $10,866 to install temporary phone lines and $16,325 to rent golf carts for the Secret Service agents protecting Trump on the golf course.

With the additional travel costs of flying the planes that were used as Air Force One; the need to transport U.S. Marine Corps helicopters and presidential limousines to Ireland in addition to England and France; and the State Department expenses, the Ireland excursion cost taxpayers at least $3.6 million more than if Trump had stayed in London on Wednesday night and returned to Washington from France on Thursday, according to a HuffPost analysis

Unless you can show evidence that Trump owns the limo and car rental companies, or the communications contractor, or that the golf carts were rented from Doonbeg or that Trump is paid somehow for spending more on travel with respect to AF1 and Marine1, then I'm forced to call bull****. No money from that 3.6 million is going into Trump's pocket

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom