Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    uOQHwh4.jpg

I shall endeavor to shout "FIRE!" in as many crowded theaters as I can so as to prove myself unindoctrinated.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    They were indeed killed. Hit with a car, shot and stabbed, along with two other cyclists. ISIS did claim responsibility. And the Tajik authorities found and killed the terrorist **********s who killed them. But, there is no evidence that the purpose of the trip was to prove the goodness of anyone.
    Not quite:
    “You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,” their blog read. “People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

“I don’t buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own…By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

“No greater revelation has come from our journey than this,” Austin wrote.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...hrough-isis-territory-63WZcv1tHUuphCwrPcD2AQ/

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not quite:
    “You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place,” their blog read. “People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil.

“I don’t buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own…By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

“No greater revelation has come from our journey than this,” Austin wrote.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...hrough-isis-territory-63WZcv1tHUuphCwrPcD2AQ/

I said there’s no evidence that the motivation for going was what the original headline read, to prove people aren’t evil, or whatever. But this article does have seme evidence for their motive. Apparently it is not to miss sunsets, thunderstorms, and breezes.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Good. I always believed that to be a restriction on my free speech.

Can you tell me when you will be doing this so I can be there to watch?

I shall endeavor to shout "FIRE!" in as many crowded theaters as I can so as to prove myself unindoctrinated.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If there is a fire, you can yell fire.

And I thought it was also ruled, that you are responsible for what happens, not for the yelling of fire.
    Such as, you tell everyone you're going to yell fire, you then yell fire, nothing happens, therefore.. no problem.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    For the record, I am not an Alex Jones fan. And while these are private companies and have the right to do this, it is still frightening to me. This is a well-known instance, but there are numerous others.

39442401_2217482528470648_1829935047696711680_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    2 1/2 minutes of sad but true,IMHO. Click to play.

[video=facebook_share;510868789339262]https://www.facebook.com/NFLBoycott2018/videos/510868789339262/[/video]

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why even bother going to the game?

[video=youtube;ngt1JK3DyOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngt1JK3DyOU[/video]

The most fun I ever had an an NFL game was actually on the water taxi from Navy Pier to the drop off point near Soldier Field when the Bears were playing the Colts several years ago. There were a bunch of 20 something Colt-fan girls with fake Colt leather helmets and we were mocking them because the Colts never played in the leather helmet era.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom