• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All figures via Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

20 Jan 2001 G.W. Bush inaugural total indebtedness $5.727 Trillion

20 Jan 2009 B. H. Obama inaugual total indebtedness $10.627 Trillion 10.627/5.727 = 1.855 or an 85.5% increase - shameful and damaging

Todays total indebtedness $18.147 trillion 18.147/10.627 = 1.708 or a 70.8% increase with 1.167 year to go. Assuming a constant rate of debt increase (method seventh root of 1.708 = 1.0795) then projected at conclusion of Obama presidency = 86.7% increase - shameful and damaging

The conclusion to be drawn would seem to be 'let's not elect anyone remotely similar to Bush OR Obama'

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Out of context is the same as a fib, bw.

Of course, if you want to start comparing batpoop crazy females......

Michele.Bachmann.text_pic.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I won't take the bait. Google Obama kenya birther alinsky community organizer. Pick any conservative yellow dog rag you want.

Go for it. I'm going to watch football. The Obama presidency is about over. You will likely bring it up for many years since you seem to be mired in less than current events.

You do know where the birther Kenya stuff originated from right?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then you need to stop lumping all democrats in the anti-gun, pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, give all away, category.

Again, you're saying I'm saying something I'm not saying. I'm not saying you're all the same. I've agreed that there are many (albeit cognitively dissonant) gun owners who are democrats. My contention about that is that you're voting for the party that has declared itself officially the party of gun control. I've voted for democrats in the past, just as you've said yourself, that you've voted for republicans in the past. But now that they've said as much, no candidate from the party of gun control will ever get my vote.

Out of context is the same as a fib, bw.

Of course, if you want to start comparing batpoop crazy females......

And so is saying someone is saying something that they're not saying.

I think Carson's reaction to this is going to undo him more than the false accusations themselves will do. "Gentle Ben" morphed into another angry politician in the press conference. He lost it. Now that the media sees what sets him off, they'll continue to scrutinize everything he's said that's been written down, and throw anything that smells like it'll set him off again, and again. It doesn't matter if it sticks. It just needs to spur a reaction.

The media has long decided that Americans aren't fit on their own to decide a president, and that we need their help to pick the right one. Obama's book contained many trivial untruths that the media let go. But he was media-approved. Carson isn't.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Again, you're saying I'm saying something I'm not saying. I'm not saying you're all the same. I've agreed that there are many (albeit cognitively dissonant) gun owners who are democrats. My contention about that is that you're voting for the party that has declared itself officially the party of gun control. I've voted for democrats in the past, just as you've said yourself, that you've voted for republicans in the past. But now that they've said as much, no candidate from the party of gun control will ever get my vote.

And so is saying someone is saying something that they're not saying.

I think Carson's reaction to this is going to undo him more than the false accusations themselves will do. "Gentle Ben" morphed into another angry politician in the press conference. He lost it. Now that the media sees what sets him off, they'll continue to scrutinize everything he's said that's been written down, and throw anything that smells like it'll set him off again, and again. It doesn't matter if it sticks. It just needs to spur a reaction.

The media has long decided that Americans aren't fit on their own to decide a president, and that we need their help to pick the right one. Obama's book contained many trivial untruths that the media let go. But he was media-approved. Carson isn't.

The assertion he's demanding an apology seems to be an exaggeration. In the last line of the Facebook post in that link Carson quips: "Will there be an apology? I doubt it." (or something close to that). Hardly a demand for an apology...more like a hypocrisy jab.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The assertion he's demanding an apology seems to be an exaggeration. In the last line of the Facebook post in that link Carson quips: "Will there be an apology? I doubt it." (or something close to that). Hardly a demand for an apology...more like a hypocrisy jab.

Yeah, but can you provide witnesses to prove he didn't demand an apology?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom