ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Justice Willett is a badass.

I doubt he's actually a consideration, because... again... saying what people want to hear.

I'm conflicted, though. Willett on SCOTUS is good for America... but he'd probably have less time to Tweet, which is bad for the entertainment world.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Education costs have exploded since the 90's. My folks (born in the late baby boom stage) were able to afford college by working a minimum wage job. That is completely impossible today unless you plan to save for a few years without paying for anything else including food, clothes, or rent.

I graduated from college in the early 80s. I went back and got another degree in the mid 2000s. Yeah, I'm well aware of the difference. I'm also aware of what it cost me for a Dr visit in the early 80s vs what it is now. Both systems suffer from much the same cause. Making that cause worse won't help. Bernie will just have to take even more money from the people who earned it and give it to people who didn't.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Let the games begin!

David Koch Pledges Millions To Gary Johnson Campaign | The Daily Caller

Gary-Johnsonx-large-1.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    These are obviously folks not concerned with Second Amendment issues.

:xmad:

You mean like people who voted for Trump in the first place and are responsible for Kang v. Kodos mess?

Instead of Hillary or Zero Electoral Vote Gary Johnson? (Gasp!)

They could have endorsed SMOD or just chose to not endorse anyone.

Yeah, they pretty much had no choice. They really missed the boat on coming out against Trump, i.e. the second most anti-gun candidate and least likely to beat Hilary, during the primaries.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I may have read my last Scot Harvath story:

Chirbit - Brad Thor and Glenn Beck Advocate Assassination of Donald Trump - 5-25-2016 - FifthOfNovember - share audio easily

Brad Thor, this morning, on Glenn Beck's program:

I am about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask as a thriller writer.

With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as President? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his mandate as president, his constitution-mandated authority as president, I should say.

If he oversteps that, how do we get him out of office? And I don’t think there is a legal means available. I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office, because you won’t be able to do it through Congress.

Two thoughts:

1. It took at least one full term in office for the left to be so open about their GWB assassination fetishes.
    2. Where has Thor clutched pearls nearly this hard about a Hillary Clinton presidency?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Dude, he's not talking to the great, unwashed masses like you and me. He's talking to his fellow elitists:

I am part of the tiny fraction of the population that deals professionally in public policy from the right. In influence, we are all over the map, from talk-show hosts with audiences of millions (Limbaugh, Hannity) to politicians who directly shape policy (Ryan, McConnell) to academics who write technical papers read exclusively by their peers. We have been dubbed the “Republican Establishment” during this campaign season — bemusing to those like me who have trivial influence and are not even Republicans — but I’ll use Establishmentarians as a convenient label for who we are. This note is addressed to my fellow Establishmentarians, from the Hannities and Ryans to my fellow ink-stained wretches.

Are you picking up on the elitism? Getting a nice, big whiff? (Yes, it is quite similar to what the back 40 smells like around this time of the year.)

Now that you've properly stung your nostrils, you should be better-prepared for how thickly he lays it down:

Barring a startling turn of events, Donald Trump is going to be the Republican presidential nominee. There are good reasons to question his fitness to occupy the presidency, because of both his policy positions and for reasons of character. The standard response among the Establishmentarians who have announced they will vote for Trump is that “Hillary is even worse.” That’s acceptable for people whose only obligation is to cast a vote. Having to choose the lesser of two evils is common in American voting booths. But that shouldn’t be good enough for Establishmentarians.

He doesn't care for whom you vote, or how you rationalize your decision.

But, by all means: let your decision be informed by those who have the hubris to declare themselves your betters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom