GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is within the party, not by actual voters. Living in central Indiana I have seen about 4 Trump lawn signs and exactly 0 for Cruz and Kasich. Granted that's not the most accurate way to see how things are but you can tell which way the wind blows.

It's no secret now that Trump sucks at the ground game and the behind the scenes gamesmanship.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    So why is Paul Ryan releasing an ad again?

[video=youtube;ECxH4uIswiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxH4uIswiA[/video]

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This is within the party, not by actual voters. Living in central Indiana I have seen about 4 Trump lawn signs and exactly 0 for Cruz and Kasich. Granted that's not the most accurate way to see how things are but you can tell which way the wind blows.

I think there is a considerable disconnect between IN GOP and the IN GOP voter on this. LOTS of trump supporters in rank and file here, even if none in state party apparatus.

While I'm not a Trump supporter, it does indicate partly just why the state and local level GOP leadership needs to basically be replaced en masse. Our local GOP is abysmal. They are not conservative. Heck, some aren't even competent. They never met a gov't grant or program they didn't like and want to milk for all they can. They are all about the patronage.

It's everything that I came to believe Dems did but the GOP didn't that made the GOP the "good guys." Turns, out that the GOP is where the good guys tend to go, but they are outsiders in their own party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

4?

You mean to tell me the Indiana primary hangs on 4 signs?

I'll probably vote for Cruz in the primary. I don't put political signs in my yard. Ever. For anyone. So does that make it 4-1? :rolleyes:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    4?

You mean to tell me the Indiana primary hangs on 4 signs?

I'll probably vote for Cruz in the primary. I don't put political signs in my yard. Ever. For anyone. So does that make it 4-1? :rolleyes:

Come on Jamil, both you and I know that's not the case. I'm sharing what I've experienced.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think there is a considerable disconnect between IN GOP and the IN GOP voter on this. LOTS of trump supporters in rank and file here, even if none in state party apparatus.

While I'm not a Trump supporter, it does indicate partly just why the state and local level GOP leadership needs to basically be replaced en masse. Our local GOP is abysmal. They are not conservative. Heck, some aren't even competent. They never met a gov't grant or program they didn't like and want to milk for all they can. They are all about the patronage.

It's everything that I came to believe Dems did but the GOP didn't that made the GOP the "good guys." Turns, out that the GOP is where the good guys tend to go, but they are outsiders in their own party.

:yesway:

It seems to me that the Indiana GOP has a huge case of hubris going on, has no ideology aside from collective self-interest of the participants, and seems to think that it owns the voters. Prior to Constitutional Carry dying in committee, I contacted the offices of Dermody, Bosma, and Pence and made it quite clear that if I did not see that bill become law I will be voting Democrat this fall. I meant it. If I can't tell the difference at the level of actions, that leaves me with the fact that the Dems are at least honest about what they are. The deliberate stacking of Indiana's convention delegates seals the deal. Even if I wanted Trump to loose with all my heart, I would expect the matter to be settled by vote, not by backroom throat cutting, which seems to be the solution du jour.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

It seems to me that the Indiana GOP has a huge case of hubris going on, has no ideology aside from collective self-interest of the participants, and seems to think that it owns the voters. Prior to Constitutional Carry dying in committee, I contacted the offices of Dermody, Bosma, and Pence and made it quite clear that if I did not see that bill become law I will be voting Democrat this fall. I meant it. If I can't tell the difference at the level of actions, that leaves me with the fact that the Dems are at least honest about what they are. The deliberate stacking of Indiana's convention delegates seals the deal. Even if I wanted Trump to loose with all my heart, I would expect the matter to be settled by vote, not by backroom throat cutting, which seems to be the solution du jour.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to IndyDave1776 again.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

As Dave pointed out, they are only in it for themselves and do not care about your everyday GOP voters. This isn't conservatism, it's Chinese democracy. And I'm not talking about the CD.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh, I can tell the difference between Indiana GOP and Indiana Dems. Rather than letting a popular Constitutional Carry bill die in the Senate because it's too controversial, and then passing an even more controversial abortion bill, an Indiana democratic super-majority + governor would repeal right to work, repeal all the pro 2A legislation enacted in the last couple of years, and in the process add many more gun restrictions.

There is a difference. It's like Hohn said. The GOP contains some collectivists but it's where the individualists tend to go. It seems the GOP is doing all it can to evict them. But there's no room in the democratic party for any thought that isn't collectivist and social justice.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh, I can tell the difference between Indiana GOP and Indiana Dems. Rather than letting a popular Constitutional Carry bill die in the Senate because it's too controversial, and then passing an even more controversial abortion bill, an Indiana democratic super-majority + governor would repeal right to work, repeal all the pro 2A legislation enacted in the last couple of years, and in the process add many more gun restrictions.

There is a difference. It's like Hohn said. The GOP contains some collectivists but it's where the individualists tend to go. It seems the GOP is doing all it can to evict them. But there's no room in the democratic party for any thought that isn't collectivist and social justice.

I was thinking along the lines of a modest GOP majority with Captain Mustache. It would not necessarily be a fun following 4 years, but it seems to be the only way to get these jackasses' attention.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Come on Jamil, both you and I know that's not the case. I'm sharing what I've experienced.

I'm sharing my experience too.

I don't know very many people personally who are Trump supporters. However, I will say that every Trump supporter I do know personally has a "Trump" sign in his yard. And no Cruz supporters I know personally have Cruz signs in their yards. Probably a weird coincidence.

My point is that yard signs aren't weathervanes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I'm sharing my experience too.

I don't know very many people personally who are Trump supporters. However, I will say that every Trump supporter I do know personally has a "Trump" sign in his yard. And no Cruz supporters I know personally have Cruz signs in their yards. Probably a weird coincidence.

My point is that yard signs aren't weathervanes.

Gentlemen, my experience is that you both have a valid point. Generally, especially in local elections, counting signs tends to be a strong indicator, although it certainly isn't an authoritative forecast of the election. As with any such indicator, the greater the number of instances in the sample, the stronger it reflects the probable outcome.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh. Ryan won't accept the nomination if the delegates vote for him. He said so. Honest. He won't. Because when he said he wouldn't accept the speakership, he said....wait. Nevermind.

This ought to be a fun convention season to watch, that's for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom