Not open for further replies.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I believe it's called paranoid delusional disorder but IANAP. Where someone keeps insisting they see terrible crimes around them all the time, and accuse people of those crimes with no evidence...

The politicians, parties, reporters and judges are all out to get him, just ask him, "very, very unfair".

If the Donald has proof that Cruz is in cahoots with a Super PAC than produce it or stop accusing him of a federal crime. Maybe Ted should use Donald's favorite fallback...sue the lying B. Of course he'll be in court shortly trying to defend Trump 'University' so it probably will take care of itself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought Trump was the one who knows how to get things done? It's sounding like he's not quite as good at it as he'd like to make us believe.

I think it really illustrates the point that Trump knows how to get things done within his domain. Clearly politics is outside of his domain. That's not bad in itself, but it does hinder his ability to keep his promises. But nothing that using that as an excuse won't solve. For example, 0Bama gets criticized by the left-nutters, that he didn't get done what he promised. And 0bama just blames it on Republican obstructionism.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it really illustrates the point that Trump knows how to get things done within his domain. Clearly politics is outside of his domain. That's not bad in itself, but it does hinder his ability to keep his promises.

Probably. But that's not the angle he's trying to sell to the electorate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Probably. But that's not the angle he's trying to sell to the electorate.

I'm not sure how his literal Bible thumping convinced anyone about his devotion to the Bible. Heck, I even thought it was completely laughable. I was surprised no Christian in the audience said, "Hey Don! Stick to talking about the wall. You look stupid pretending you're one of us!"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure how his literal Bible thumping convinced anyone about his devotion to the Bible. Heck, I even thought it was completely laughable. I was surprised no Christian in the audience said, "Hey Don! Stick to talking about the wall. You look stupid pretending you're one of us!"

Most "Christians" don't even read the bible. He's probably about as knowledgable as any of them.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I think it really illustrates the point that Trump knows how to get things done within his domain. Clearly politics is outside of his domain. That's not bad in itself, but it does hinder his ability to keep his promises. But nothing that using that as an excuse won't solve. For example, 0Bama gets criticized by the left-nutters, that he didn't get done what he promised. And 0bama just blames it on Republican obstructionism.

It also reinforces the understanding the being good at something doesn't translate into political success. Success can give you fame, and fame, political opportunity. But opportunity only, and not skill.

My greatest frustration is that we can never get down to actual principled discussion. Instead of moderators asking gotcha questions along the lines of "opponent said nasty thing, are you going to stand for that?", why can't we get questions more like:
    -- What are the principles that you feel should define the limit of government?
    -- Is there an absolute limit to the share of a person's income or wealth that a government should ever have claim to? If so, where would you put that limit?
    -- What are the principles on which you would determine whether a country is friend or foe?
    -- Do you think that American history has vindicated the Federalists or the AntiFederalists more, and why?
    -- Is the Constitution or the Declaration the more important founding document? Why?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Presidential race prompts several down-ballot rating changes in favor of Democrats.

It's highly unlikely now, but if Trump is the nominee... it's really just a question of how big the Senate Democrat majority is going to be.

Senate/Governor 2016: Several ratings move toward Democrats

Cfczb8EWsAAChPF.jpg:large

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom