GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No. It's not. I've seen his father preach, and the apple can't have fallen far from the tree.

Yeah, it's damned silly. Nothing Cruz has ever said would lead one to believe that tripe. The stuff some people are willing to blindly over look in supporting one candidate while sweating over every nit on another truly has me shaking my head.

Believe what you will.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah, it's damned silly. Nothing Cruz has ever said would lead one to believe that tripe. The stuff some people are willing to blindly over look in supporting one candidate while sweating over every nit on another truly has me shaking my head.

Believe what you will.

I don't know, claiming ignorance BEFORE going to be introduced to the stage by a pastor who goes all deus vult against gays is pretty insane.

If I didn't agree with such a thing, I would cancel and disavow a wackjob like that, not continue on as planned and follow him up with a speech.

People complain about the kkk loosely saying something favorable about Trump. Yet in Cruz's situation it would be more like being introduced to speak at a rally the kkk was holding, then failing to do anything but claim ignorance. Just because it's a rally disguised as a religious function doesn't mean it isn't a radical murder-advocating cult.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know, claiming ignorance BEFORE going to be introduced to the stage by a pastor who goes all deus vult against gays is pretty insane.

If I didn't agree with such a thing, I would cancel and disavow a wackjob like that, not continue on as planned and follow him up with a speech.

People complain about the kkk loosely saying something favorable about Trump. Yet in Cruz's situation it would be more like being introduced to speak at a rally the kkk was holding, then failing to do anything but claim ignorance.

So Cruz wants to kill gays?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Uhhh *cough* Arizona was a closed primary

Yep and a voter can change their registered party 29 days before the election, he won over Cruz by 20% which I'll give you he did do a good showing. Here is a list of all primaries so far. RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 ? Republican Delegate Count Has he tended to do better in open or closed primary states?

The problem is that Cruz isn't some bearded elder that lives on top of a mountain, alone, as the ultimate authority on what is constitutional and what isn't. He thinks he is that person. He may say he will never violate it, yet I would not put it past him to endorse legislation that forces prayer in school or makes it illegal for the unmarried to cohabitate. All in the name of his "religious liberty" bull crap. If he had his way, I would be legitimately afraid of America becoming a Christian sharia-law state. Just look at the company he keeps.

You do know what religious liberty is right? I know you may disagree with it, but it doesn't mean "My religion rules all".

This is just silly.

Agreed.

People complain about the kkk loosely saying something favorable about Trump. Yet in Cruz's situation it would be more like being introduced to speak at a rally the kkk was holding, then failing to do anything but claim ignorance.

He was asked if he knew about the pastor, he stated he knew nothing about that. I see no problem about that. Do you know what my neighbor bob thinks about x subject or what he speaks about it? Also the rally wasn't held by the pastor. Compared to your kkk rally example.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I don't know what he wants, that's been one of my biggest issues with Cruz since he's entered the election. I can't read read a single gesture or facial expression beyond being creeped out by him.

The warning sirens are sounding in my head half the time he's giving speeches. And his recent notion that he's terrified of Trump exposing his wife's dealings do little more than further that red flag.

He'd be good at poker.

He was asked if he knew about the pastor, he stated he knew nothing about that. I see no problem about that. Do you know what my neighbor bob thinks about x subject or what he speaks about it? Also the rally wasn't held by the pastor. Compared to your kkk rally example.

Why wouldn't you look into someone before attending a function they're speaking at?

Meanwhile everyone thinks Trump is the literal devil because he didn't know who David Duke was.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know what he wants, that's been one of my biggest issues with Cruz since he's entered the election. I can't read read a single gesture or facial expression beyond being creeped out by him.

The warning sirens are sounding in my head half the time he's giving speeches. And his recent notion that he's terrified of Trump exposing his wife's dealings do little more than further that red flag.

He'd be good at poker.

Why wouldn't you look into someone before attending a function they're speaking at?

Meanwhile everyone thinks Trump is the literal devil because he didn't know who David Duke was.

Until this morning, I was operating under the assumption that Trump hadn't ever read the Constitution. But then I saw something on Facebook that changed my impression of the Donald. When it comes to changing the first Amendment to loosen up libel laws, his use of imminent domain, and questioning, first Obama's and later Cruz's qualifications for president proves that he does know something about the Constitution...It's all wrong, warped, and twisted but he at least knows those things are in there.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Until this morning, I was operating under the assumption that Trump hadn't ever read the Constitution. But then I saw something on Facebook that changed my impression of the Donald. When it comes to changing the first Amendment to loosen up libel laws, his use of imminent domain, and questioning, first Obama's and later Cruz's qualifications for president proves that he does know something about the Constitution...It's all wrong, warped, and twisted but he at least knows those things are in there.

Really? He's in agreement with Scalia on Cruz.

So Scalia was a bad justice, is what you're trying to say?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Really? He's in agreement with Scalia on Cruz.

So Scalia was a bad justice, is what you're trying to say?
    (I'm not familiar with what you're talking about in the instance).

But I would not be surprised to see Trump glom onto any criticism of an enemy. That's his schtick.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

But I would not be surprised to see Trump glom onto any criticism of an enemy. That's his schtick.

Justice Scalia: … I mean, isn’t it clear that the natural born requirement in the Constitution was intended explicitly to exclude some Englishmen who had come here and spent some time here and then went back and raised their families in England?
    They did not want that.
    They wanted natural born Americans.
    [Ms.]. Davis: Yes, by the same token…
    Justice Scalia: That is jus soli, isn’t it?
    [Ms.] Davis: By the same token, one could say that the provision would apply now to ensure that Congress can’t apply suspect classifications to keep certain individuals from aspiring to those offices.
    Justice Scalia: Well, maybe.
    I’m just referring to the meaning of natural born within the Constitution.
    I don’t think you’re disagreeing.
    It requires jus soli, doesn’t it?

https://www.oyez.org/cases/2000/99-2071

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Where do you get that he is terrified of Trump "exposing" his wife's dealings?

So someone should look into every speaker at a what (iirc) 3 or 4 day convention?

Hell I've heard of David Duke, if you haven't you've damn near had to be hiding under a rock. The so called pastor? Never heard of him until this came up. At least not that I would recognize the name. But I'll take Trump's word on it.

Using your source, the results from 15 closed primaries:

Trump 291 delegates Cruz 189 delegates. I don't see this making your point

Check out what percentages he has won by. Also look at the spread of delegates in non winner take all states compared to winner take all and open or closed.

Me either.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Where do you get that he is terrified of Trump "exposing" his wife's dealings?

So someone should look into every speaker at a what (iirc) 3 or 4 day convention?

Hell I've heard of David Duke, if you haven't you've damn near had to be hiding under a rock. The so called pastor? Never heard of him until this came up. At least not that I would recognize the name. But I'll take Trump's word on it.

I'd only heard of David Duke in recent history when alex jones did an interview with him, seemingly just to attack him, only after that did I look into why on earth jones was going on the offensive. Most of the stuff seems a little overblown, but hey what ever.

And regardless, if you know someone will be introducing you, you should probably do a little reading to find out what they're about. Considering Cruz's past statements and his complete dismissal of any obligation to reject that pastor, it paints a picture of his personal views.

As for Cruz's wife, if the average voter knew that she was a CFR member and worked for goldman sachs, I don't think it'd bode well for his "outsider" image.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The problem is that Cruz isn't some bearded elder that lives on top of a mountain, alone, as the ultimate authority on what is constitutional and what isn't. He thinks he is that person. He may say he will never violate it, yet I would not put it past him to endorse legislation that forces prayer in school or makes it illegal for the unmarried to cohabitate. All in the name of his "religious liberty" bull crap. If he had his way, I would be legitimately afraid of America becoming a Christian sharia-law state. Just look at the company he keeps.

Or, perhaps people have differing opinions on what is constitutional. I think Ted isn't the final word. I don't like his reasoning on the Apple/FBI case. But Trumpers don't have much to say there either. Well, koolaid not withstanding.

Well, Cruz could have denounce it. But then he'd have alienated a group of supporters. Much the same as Trump kinda letting the KKK like him and flirting with not saying anything until he's pushed into saying something.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Or, perhaps people have differing opinions on what is constitutional. I think Ted isn't the final word. I don't like his reasoning on the Apple/FBI case. But Trumpers don't have much to say there either. Well, koolaid not withstanding.

Well, Cruz could have denounce it. But then he'd have alienated a group of supporters. Much the same as Trump kinda letting the KKK like him and flirting with not saying anything until he's pushed into saying something.

He did, or his SPOX did. Believe me, if I thought Cruz supported executing anyone that wasn't at war with the US, I'd drop him like a hot potato. But he's religious and lots of people hate that. He should have been more astute of who else he'd be associated with because of a mutual speaking date but he flubbed that one up. I really don't think he's a hater, even among those he vehemently disagrees.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'd only heard of David Duke in recent history when alex jones did an interview with him, seemingly just to attack him, only after that did I look into why on earth jones was going on the offensive. Most of the stuff seems a little overblown, but hey what ever.

And regardless, if you know someone will be introducing you, you should probably do a little reading to find out what they're about. Considering Cruz's past statements and his complete dismissal of any obligation to reject that pastor, it paints a picture of his personal views.

As for Cruz's wife, if the average voter knew that she was a CFR member and worked for goldman sachs, I don't think it'd bode well for his "outsider" image.

When you said you just recently heard of Duke I glanced at your profile page, when he was a Representative you were just out of diapers, when his political "career" ended you were at the point of getting interested in the fairer sex. You have an excuse, and that was not a knock. Trump not so much. It was nationwide news for days on end when it came out that he was a (former at the time?) grand wizard. And it came up every time he ran for office.

Did Cruz know he was going to be introducing him? The interview I saw just mentioned that he was going to be speaking there. And if I was introducing someone I didn't know, yes I would do research. If I was being introduced? Not so much.

It well known and easy to find out. There are no "beans to spill". And the CFR has what 5000 members? Here is their entire roster of members.
    Membership Roster - Council on Foreign Relations

And I believe Trump has already mentioned she works for Goldman Sachs, if not it's been on the news enough that it is no news.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

That bothers me too. Cruz tip toes so that he doesn't alienate the couple dozen people that actually care about that kind of thing. Trump doesn't care who he alienates and isn't apologetic about it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Utah Voting Results Ted Cruz: 69% Kasich:17% Trump: 14%

Sometimes Trump swerves into a truth.

Yes, Utah: the ultimate bellweather, where Cruz's total vote count was roughly equal to Trump's vote lead over Cruz in Arizona on the same day.

Total popular vote, currently:

Trump: 7.8MM
    Cruz: 5.7MM

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom