• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    Considering his AWB support was pre-9/11 and he's constantly preaching about the second amendment in relation to fighting terrorism, I think he's figured out why it matters.

So what statements has he made about the '34 act (or gun control in general) prior to his presidential running announcement but after 9/11 is there that shows you with utmost certainty that this new position is genuine? I haven't found anything that's been reassuring, so hopefully you got something.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Personally, to hope that Trump is aggressive in undoing gun control as he suggests is somewhat reminiscent of hoping that Obama could heal race relations. With about as much chance of success.

It just ain't that simple.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bahaha, they just took the hit-piece down. I didn't know my monday was going to be this entertaining so early.

In other concerns, how did anti-Semitism regain in popularity lately? Or am I only just noticing it?

Unfortunately, it never quite seems to go out of style. And there has been a good deal of disturbance in the muck in the David Duke end of the gene pool. When you have that usually something disgusting comes to the surface. Someone should get Mel Gibson's take on this, or maybe Nugent's

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And not even mention on Drudge about this. It has become very clear which media sources are in Trumps back pocket.

Fox and Friends has become a joke. Every morning Brian and Steve fight over which one is going to give Don the reach around.

Einstein was wrong. Unfortunately it seems to be wealth and power, and the chance of access to same, that warps space and time about itself.

Hemos Terminado[h=3][/h]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Some interesting polling from the March 15 states. Kasich is tied with Trump in Ohio, which suggest to me he'll win the state. Florida is running pro-Trump by more than 3x the MOE. So, I think he'll win that.

But in Illinois, Cruz is within the MOE. Barely, but inside. And Kasich is running second. A Cruz/Kasich pairing might make some sense.

If Cruz can take Illinois, it supports a Midwest firewall to deny Trump the outright win. If Kasich can take Ohio, that'll help, too.

There does seem to be a building buzz about Kasich as VP. That would go a long ways toward explaining why he's staying in

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They should either increase the pay of H1B visas up to comparable levels of domestic pay or get rid of them entirely. You abuse it you lose it. Jobs should pay the same amount regardless of who's working it.

It's in there. https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/h-1b-specialty-occupation/understanding-h-1b-requirements

[h=3]Requirement 4 - You must be paid at least the actual or prevailing wage for your occupation, whichever is higher.[/h]

The prevailing wage is determined based on the position in which you will be employed and the geographic location where you will be working (among other factors). The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) maintains a database with applicable current prevailing wage levels based on occupation and work location. To view the wage database and estimate the prevailing wage that may be required for your position, click here

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is pretty much Trump's position on H-1B visas as stated on the website. As I've said, he's not been consistent on that. Nevertheless, I'm not that fond of the government setting an effective minimum wage for special groups of people. I'd like companies to maintain the ability to pay according to value and skill. That said, whether it's an H-1B or an American citizen, the going market value for the qualifications should pretty much determine the pay. But I'd rather not regulate the use of H-1B visas through pay regulations. Maybe it could be a system where people could sue if an H1-B has been hired when qualified citizens have applied.

I hope you agree with my earlier post that having your existing employees train their replacements de facto gives the lie to the fiction a company is importing workers in a skill it cannot find in the domestic job pool. As I've said before, any job below staff level seems ripe for outsourcing/off-shoring

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He probably didn't even know what it was until some pointed it out it might be a good talking point for his supporters.

Kut ( judging people based on just their obvious surface characteristics? ) Say it isn't so!

ETA: Would you think better of Trump if he was 'well spoken' ?

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So what statements has he made about the '34 act (or gun control in general) prior to his presidential running announcement but after 9/11 is there that shows you with utmost certainty that this new position is genuine? I haven't found anything that's been reassuring, so hopefully you got something.

I'll take the guy who actually talks about it regardless if he knows what it is or cares, over someone who has never said anything about it.

One has potential, the other has none.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Executive Summary:

Breitbart has become the propaganda wing of Trump. When Corey Lewandowski assaulted Michelle Fields, not only did Breitbart not back her up, they kinda kinda got pissy. Ben Shapiro resigned in protest. It was more of a last straw for Jordan Schachtel and Jarret Stepman.

Jamil, can you or somebody please shoot me a definitive link on this Michelle Fields 'assault' thing (with video?). I wasn't paying sufficient attention, I guess. I assumed that it was a 'Have our staff Houghmade get me money and a pound of flesh' type of assault but its being made to sound like Lewandowski beat her bloody as opposed to grabbing her arm. I assume the truth lies between the extremes (although I tend to skew toward a modern case of the vapors, absent evidence to the contrary, which is why I ask)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Jamil, can you or somebody please shoot me a definitive link on this Michelle Fields 'assault' thing (with video?). I wasn't paying sufficient attention, I guess. I assumed that it was a 'Have our staff Houghmade get me money and a pound of flesh' type of assault but its being made to sound like Lewandowski beat her bloody as opposed to grabbing her arm. I assume the truth lies between the extremes (although I tend to skew toward a modern case of the vapors, absent evidence to the contrary, which is why I ask)

[video=youtube;W7Dd7wjzNsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Dd7wjzNsg[/video]

Such awful assault.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Has any candidate still in the running supported AWBs in the past?

Besides Kasich, you mean?

"In 1994, Kasich was one of the Republican leaders to support a last-minute deal with President Bill Clinton to pass the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. After a series of meetings with Clinton's Chief of Staff, Leon Panetta, a longtime friend of Kasich, the assault weapons ban was passed when 42 Republicans crossed party lines and voted to ban assault weapons with the Democrats. His support of the assault-weapons ban angered the National Rifle Association, which gave Kasich an "F" rating in 1994 as a result.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [video=youtube;W7Dd7wjzNsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Dd7wjzNsg[/video]

Such awful assault.

Thanks, Tombs. Pretty much what I expected. Hopefully she can be forced to pay his legal expenses when she loses (although I expect the case, if filed, will be quietly dropped when it no longer has propaganda value)

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Thanks, Tombs. Pretty much what I expected. Hopefully she can be forced to pay his legal expenses when she loses (although I expect the case, if filed, will be quietly dropped when it no longer has propaganda value)

Anybody else think she gave herself the bruises? I do.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    This is pretty much Trump's position on H-1B visas as stated on the website. As I've said, he's not been consistent on that. Nevertheless, I'm not that fond of the government setting an effective minimum wage for special groups of people. I'd like companies to maintain the ability to pay according to value and skill. That said, whether it's an H-1B or an American citizen, the going market value for the qualifications should pretty much determine the pay. But I'd rather not regulate the use of H-1B visas through pay regulations. Maybe it could be a system where people could sue if an H1-B has been hired when qualified citizens have applied.

It's not that they must be regulated for the sake of regulating, but they should do so because the system is being abused and it is costing citizen taxpayers jobs. If they were used as intended we wouldn't have an incentive to change anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom