• ...and so much more!
  • Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I wonder how much copper is in one of those charging units, if it's the same as a large AC unit, they will never last in the big cities.

The chargers are live… that could make for some crispy thieves

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Receipts are nice, for when you have a $30 purchase, but the bank says it was $300.

Yes, it happens.
    Happened to me, though I can't remember how much. But it was a decimal point error.
    And it was NOT in my favor.

Reactions: Leo

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Receipts are nice, for when you have a $30 purchase, but the bank says it was $300.

Yes, it happens.
    Happened to me, though I can't remember how much. But it was a decimal point error.
    And it was NOT in my favor.
    I use credit cards not debit cards, gas stations usually have limits, and one can always dispute with credit catds in a way debit cards cannot.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Same here.
    I stopped asking for one at the pump several years back myself.

The only reason to get one would be in the case you buy some bad gas and need it as proof you bought it there.
    Which hopefully is a very rare occurrence.
    Well if you are at the pump you paid with a credit card more than likely.....bank statement shows proof of purchase.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    I use credit cards not debit cards, gas stations usually have limits, and one can always dispute with credit catds in a way debit cards cannot.
    I haven't used a debit card in 15 years just for that reason. I have had my card information stolen on a few occasions.

Debit card the bank has 60 days to give you YOUR money back.

Credit card they just deny the charge and it costs you NOTHING.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    We all know this will turn out to be a government cluster fork
    Given a reasonable degree of sanity in the approach to our personal transportation needs ( 45th president) the market will figure out when the time is right for an individual transportation power source different than the internal combustion engine.

All government influence does is distort the market and produce outcomes which are neither the best, the most efficient, or the best value.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    How dumb does one have to be to not understand that despite what the commercial implies, despite the odd name, despite the cool logo, despite not going to a location, it is a dealership…

We have lost all sense…
    Correction ... Stealership. Appears these ads tick you off more than they do me LOL

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Correction ... Stealership. Appears these ads tick you off more than they do me LOL
    The point is Vroom is a “stealership”… It is deceptive (sure as heck more deceptive than S&W calling a gun M&P) and, to be charitable, unperceptive to not understand they are a “stealership”…

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    MCgrease08 beat me to it but yeah let's take a look at California and at the current EV adoption rate they're already struggling to recharge them. How much worse does that problem become when adoption rates reach 50% or 75% or even just fleets not even personal vehicles? If they can't keep the lights on now and still charge electric vehicles, there's no hope for the future with the current electric grid. And at the same time, those geniuses are shutting down power plants not revving them up which leaves them begging neighboring states for power. Idiots!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    FYI, Duke has declared an “PowerShare economic event” for today and tomorrow. Basically it’s a program for big electric users to get incentives to curtail loads during times of high demand. It’s May. The weather is very warm. But Duke is running fairly close to capacity to be calling these now. But I’m sure we can add a lot more to the grid with no problem.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom