• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    They don't respond well to fire either. Fortunately if you have some spare time and a supply of class D extinguishers, then that problem will eventually be solved.
    Just hope you didn't have to pay for the car or the fire extinguishers.

MH

Reactions: Leo

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Another forum I frequent has some racers and the general consensus is EVs are fast AF but only for a few passes then they need a long nap time to cool the battery enough for another full send without nanny mode reducing the draw and damaging it.
    Yeah I saw a comparison between a EV and a ICE on the strip. First pass EV smoked the ICE, 2nd pass was closer, 3rd or 4th pass the ICE took the lead.

Reactions: Leo

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah I saw a comparison between a EV and a ICE on the strip. First pass EV smoked the ICE, 2nd pass was closer, 3rd or 4th pass the ICE took the lead.
    I'd like to see that. 4 runs on a strip shouldn't be using that much power. I can't imagine more than a couple of percent each. No EV is going to lose that much power after losing 10% of charge.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like to see that. 4 runs on a strip shouldn't be using that much power. I can't imagine more than a couple of percent each. No EV is going to lose that much power after losing 10% of charge.
    Theres a Youtuber that has a stripped down Tesla 100D. Smoking mustangs and challengers and vettes. He ran several races a night. He quit when he didn’t have enough charge left. But had ran several races and won on the same charge.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It's not loss of charge, it's to protect the battery. That rate of discharge heats the battery or something like that, so the computer limits the rate of draw.

Theres a Youtuber that has a stripped down Tesla 100D. Smoking mustangs and challengers and vettes. He ran several races a night. He quit when he didn’t have enough charge left. But had ran several races and won on the same charge.
    How long of downtime between runs?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's not loss of charge, it's to protect the battery. That rate of discharge heats the battery or something like that, so the computer limits the rate of draw.

How long of downtime between runs?
    Maybe it was a Mach E. They seem to have issues with heat and are programmed to reduce or kill power really quickly.

Again, I'd like to see this claim. It doesn't sound plausible to me.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Our local FIre Association just acquired a device for dealing with EV incidents. Its a plug that goes in the charging port to override and disable the EV's movement. Spoofs the EV to think its charging so it will not move. Whether its an extraction or a fire, this device will help the firemen accomplish their mission as safely as possible.

These things are ~$800 a pop, reusable. One of the retired Volunteers push aa grant through a local community foundation to fund one for each station in the county (we have 18 stations...). We are blessed to have a donor partner who ponied up ~$15,000 for this tool.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Our local FIre Association just acquired a device for dealing with EV incidents. Its a plug that goes in the charging port to override and disable the EV's movement. Spoofs the EV to think its charging so it will not move. Whether its an extraction or a fire, this device will help the firemen accomplish their mission as safely as possible.

These things are ~$800 a pop, reusable. One of the retired Volunteers push aa grant through a local community foundation to fund one for each station in the county (we have 18 stations...). We are blessed to have a donor partner who ponied up ~$15,000 for this tool.
    Should be a tax on EV’s to put one of these on every fire truck.

Top Bottom