Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You think that you could at least pony up a sight support fee if you're selling that much stuff!!

I agree. Too bad Fenway can't flip a switch that makes the classifieds stop working for you if your post count stagnates. Some way to make sure that only actively participating and conversating members are posting ads. You know, a certain percentage of your post count must be OUTSIDE the classifieds so you don't hit 50 and then spend your time 100% flipping and selling. Of course that setting gets turned off for advertisers and site supporters that pony up say 5-15 bucks a month...

You JUST want someplace to just buy and sell? That ain't here IMHO.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. Too bad Fenway can't flip a switch that makes the classifieds stop working for you if your post count stagnates. Some way to make sure that only actively participating and conversating members are posting ads. You know, a certain percentage of your post count must be OUTSIDE the classifieds so you don't hit 50 and then spend your time 100% flipping and selling. Of course that setting gets turned off for advertisers and site supporters that pony up say 5-15 bucks a month...

You our want someplace to just buy and sell? That ain't here IMHO.

I have no issues with a wider variety of pieces to look at and choose from. My issue is the pricing. It is obvious who is subsidizing income. Higher than NITB. There is a knowledgeable group in here that knows what things are worth so that reduces their ability to move these overpriced pieces.
    When I post up a piece these guys hit me up with low-ball offers and ridiculous stories on why they want the gun. Waste of time.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

You our want someplace to just buy and sell? That ain't here IMHO.

I think that would trim a ton of flippers!!

I have no issues with a wider variety of pieces to look at and choose from. My issue is the pricing. It is obvious who is subsidizing income. Higher than NITB. There is a knowledgeable group in here that knows what things are worth so that reduces their ability to move these overpriced pieces.
    When I post up a piece these guys hit me up with low-ball offers and ridiculous stories on why they want the gun. Waste of time.

I like seeing all the stuff too. But living in the classifieds and making money is way over abused in this site.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He is one that's on my "list" I mentioned a while back. He seems to have quite a personal collection that he's working through. Never a picture, minimal information, have no idea if he's dealing without a license, don't care. I won't buy, sell or communicate with him.

Yeah....he is running a business.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You JUST want someplace to just buy and sell? That ain't here IMHO.

I'm not often in the discussion forums here, but I do check the classifieds if I'm looking for something to buy. Why would you be upset that I want to give my money to another member or a sponsor of INGO?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm not often in the discussion forums here, but I do check the classifieds if I'm looking for something to buy. Why would you be upset that I want to give my money to another member or a sponsor of INGO?

It's all up to you and what you want to do! NP. Personally I won't buy from someone that's post are all classifieds because their regular post were just junk. It's me!! I am funny that way! Just my :twocents: and that doesn't mean anything anyway. To each his own.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I dont care from THAT angle. Its the point that this is a forum with a classified section. Not the other way around.

I guess I misspoke. If there were a posting ratio restriction it would ONLY be for the seller side. you could lurk with your 51 posts and buy all day for all I care. I'm concerned about the flippers and the serial sellers.

As discussed, there are several that are doing NOTHING here but hawking their wares. They dont converse, and they dont participate in the community at all. They just dont want to give a cut to a REAL classifieds site like armslist IMHO. (which I assume takes a % of the sale like ebay)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I dont care from THAT angle. Its the point that this is a forum with a classified section. Not the other way around.

I guess I misspoke. If there were a posting ratio restriction it would ONLY be for the seller side. you could lurk with your 51 posts and buy all day for all I care. I'm concerned about the flippers and the serial sellers.

As discussed, there are several that are doing NOTHING here but hawking their wares. They dont converse, and they dont participate in the community at all. They just dont want to give a cut to a REAL classifieds site like armslist IMHO. (which I assume takes a % of the sale like ebay)

I am a bit like 1911ly.....I need to see who I am buying from or selling to. Any on line selling/buying I do is in here. I have a trust base here. I have zero fear FTF selling or buying in here. People who participate in the community want to keep a high standard when it comes to there names. If it starts to fill up with flippers and butt heads that trust will take a hit. Not to the level of craigs list or point of armed confrontation. Nothing like that just the condition and back ground of the gun and the "Integrity" of the seller. I try and give all the info available when selling. I want it known where what and how to any potential buyer. I will take the time to put this all together. I try and answer all potential questions in the post.
    Lately I see so many low post no info ads. Lazy or just selling junk.......:dunno:.......or both.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I am a bit like 1911ly.....I need to see who I am buying from or selling to. Any on line selling/buying I do is in here. I have a trust base here. I have zero fear FTF selling or buying in here. People who participate in the community want to keep a high standard when it comes to there names. If it starts to fill up with flippers and butt heads that trust will take a hit. Not to the level of craigs list or point of armed confrontation. Nothing like that just the condition and back ground of the gun and the "Integrity" of the seller. I try and give all the info available when selling. I want it known where what and how to any potential buyer. I will take the time to put this all together. I try and answer all potential questions in the post.
    Lately I see so many low post no info ads. Lazy or just selling junk.......:dunno:.......or both.

QFT. :+1: Lots of '51ers' who have put up ads lately. Blatant disregard for classifieds rules and minimal info on product. They just copy & paste info from Armslist and throw their phone number up and say "text for pics" which is a no-no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom