Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I'm always curious when I see guys like this. Are they selling for a friend who has a shop? Selling off a collection of a dead relative?

The prices don't seem that out of line, so not a flipper in the traditional sense.

All of his seem to be new guns. Too me, moving so many seems like swimming in muddy waters.

He is a flipper. Trust me on this and his prices started out way out there. He may be adjusting them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We could start a thread "Who's the flipper" but it would probably not go over well. Here's a guy that's a member since 2011 with a post count of 57. Look at his posts. What are they all? hmmm

View Profile: Wa22ioR - INGunOwners

Not a site supporter or advertiser but definitely running a business.
    I buy and sell a lot of pieces in the classifieds but if it were a business I would be starving....:laugh6:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yep. i am glad to see I'm not the only one that see's it that way. You could at least pony up the few bucks it cost to be a sight support (I'd think anyway). It's not that much money!! I understand if you don't have a lot of money. I've been there. But your selling :poop::poop:. Pony up dude!!

Selling stuff your board with is cool. Getting rid of things you don't like is as well. I have traded and sold a few things. I lose or maybe break even if i am really lucky. But if you hocking your wares every day and you barely make the 50 post rule your on a mission. And the mission is.............

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. i am glad to see I'm not the only one that see's it that way. You could at least pony up the few bucks it cost to be a sight support (I'd think anyway). It's not that much money!! I understand if you don't have a lot of money. I've been there. But your selling :poop::poop:. Pony up dude!!

Selling stuff your board with is cool. Getting rid of things you don't like is as well. I have traded and sold a few things. I lose or maybe break even if i am really lucky. But if you hocking your wares every day and you barely make the 50 post rule your on a mission. And the mission is.............

Profit.
    If I break even on a gun it is a miracle. I always add to/tune up/modify the guns I have so getting that money back is rare. It is a passion/hobby/addiction with me. I am weak. I need help......:):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Profit.
    If I break even on a gun it is a miracle. I always add to/tune up/modify the guns I have so getting that money back is rare. It is a passion/hobby/addiction with me. I am weak. I need help......:):

Lol. I know the feeling. Someone needs to hide my check book!

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    He tried to run a story on my so I would lower the price on a 12 gauge I had posted. Just a flipper. 1911 Rem. GI for $700 is a real steal right.

I just noticed his post count is down to 51, but he has a ton of posts in the classifieds sections. Clearly someones been deleting his posts. My question is, what happens if it goes below 50? Do his classified posts get deleted then? Are they exiled into the phantom zone never to be seen?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just noticed his post count is down to 51, but he has a ton of posts in the classifieds sections. Clearly someones been deleting his posts. My question is, what happens if it goes below 50? Do his classified posts get deleted then? Are they exiled into the phantom zone never to be seen?

Classified post do not count on your post total.
    His count will remain as he no longer participates outside running his little flipper business.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Classified post do not count on your post total.
    His count will remain as he no longer participates outside running his little flipper business.

Ahh Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
    Family-guy-the-more-you-know.jpg

He is bold on his prices. 725 bucks for sig P238. It's cheaper at Budsgunshop. I've seen it even cheaper at other gun shops.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ahh Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
    Family-guy-the-more-you-know.jpg

He is bold on his prices. 725 bucks for sig P238. It's cheaper at Budsgunshop. I've seen it even cheaper at other gun shops.

He is pushing a Rem. GI with a lot of use for $700
    My last GI (springer) was new out the door for just north of $600 from the LGS

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I did fast skim over his post and I gave up counting at 8 items for sale and or looking for. He is clearly "in it" for the classifieds. Look at his post areas and the number in each area. Obvious to me. I'd yank his classifieds till he got back to 50 quatily posts. But I am not a mod. And they might see it differently.

I am going to go back on topic. Sorry for the derail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom