• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I avoid the classifieds for a few reasons.
    a. If it was truly a good deal, it's long gone before I get around to looking.
    b. If it is something I really want, I then need to figure out what I have to sell to pay for it.
    c. Once I figure out what I can sell, it's not worth selling because my stuff is always junk and not worth what I paid for it in the first place.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Businessend

50 posts, and 13 in the classifieds .....

That's so common anymore it's sickening. There are several members that are far worse. What's the criteria for an unlicensed dealer again?

Member since 9-2009 - 59 posts, 825 classified posts - is a site supporter
    Member since 4-2008 - 58 posts, 412 classified posts - is NOT a site supporter
    Member since 5-2008 - 560 posts, 3635 classified posts - is a site supporter

Just a few of the highlights.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    At what point is it considered running a business and one should have to get the blue nametag? There are people that live in the classifieds for years with hundreds and thousands of posts there and no where else.

At what point do they have to be a FFL? I've never looked it up, but you would think that someone would be watching people who sell lots of firearms whether it be on sites like this, Gunbroker, Facebook, etc. Maybe the government is watching as closely as some seem to think. :tinfoil:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    QFT! Man have I passed on stuff I really wanted just because the guys last 25 posts were in the classy's.They are dead to me!!!!

Most of those cats don't have much that I am after. I do look at the ads they put up and the prices.

If nothing else it ads to what active members have to choose from or base pricing off of.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    At what point do they have to be a FFL? I've never looked it up, but you would think that someone would be watching people who sell lots of firearms whether it be on sites like this, Gunbroker, Facebook, etc. Maybe the government is watching as closely as some seem to think. :tinfoil:

On the FFL part, I have no idea. I was mainly thinking of the vendor status here. I know that's not cheap.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    On the FFL part, I have no idea. I was mainly thinking of the vendor status here. I know that's not cheap.

Maybe the mods and Fenway need to discuss the possibility of changing the levels of support for using the classifieds. Site supporter could be a level used for people selling at a level below what would be required for FFL licensing or what would be typical for an average gun owner. There are some members here who buy, sell and/or trade fairly often so maybe they could offer insight as to what they consider an acceptable number for the average gun owner.

Those using the classifieds to sell above the number required to have FFL licensing should maybe be required to move to vendor status to sell.

I'm sure some would get mad and leave, but is it really a loss if they are just using the site? There are sites set up for selling such as gunbroker, and I assume they sell here instead to avoid paying a fee/commission.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe the mods and Fenway need to discuss the possibility of changing the levels of support for using the classifieds. Site supporter could be a level used for people selling at a level below what would be required for FFL licensing or what would be typical for an average gun owner. There are some members here who buy, sell and/or trade fairly often so maybe they could offer insight as to what they consider an acceptable number for the average gun owner.

Those using the classifieds to sell above the number required to have FFL licensing should maybe be required to move to vendor status to sell.

I'm sure some would get mad and leave, but is it really a loss if they are just using the site? There are sites set up for selling such as gunbroker, and I assume they sell here instead to avoid paying a fee/commission.

We used to have a hobbyist status. Not sure what happened with that. Lines might have been hard to set.

What you are asking would require 3 or 4 times the effort by the Mods to police. Tougher than you might think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom