• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Ok, now I see the consequences of attaining 50 posts quickly and then listing an item for sale. But his first 50 posts are gone now and I wonder if any of them had any significance. Also there is no record at all of this debacle that can be seen by other FNG's.

I was online for the entire run for the last few hours. Almost all of his posts were kind of on topic but were clearly one liners only designed to pad the post count. If there is a thread about a knife and you post "Nice knife" then that won't cut it (snicker). The mods left the posts there were the most useful, I think there were 2, maybe 3. They are still there and you can click on his profile and see what they left. If those look short then you get the idea of what was taken away. The rules are spelled out in a couple of places.

It's not done to be mean to the new people. It's done to keep spammers and flippers from taking advantage of the classifieds. The classifieds are a perk for contributing members. Contribution consists of either becoming a site supporter or with quality post that add to the forum in some way. Those who want to just hock their wares can go to craigslist or armslist. The 50 posts give the other members a chance to learn a little about each other before we do business with them. There are members on here that deal in so many firearms they could be accused of dealing without a license. There are others that have had LTCH revoked or admitted to a felony in the past. Some stolen valor guys as well. We like to get a feel for those we deal with. This is a shooting forum first that just happens to have a classified section, not the other way around.

Monitor this thread, go back some and you will see what we are talking about.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Smacked down to 3 posts. The sad thing is he joined in March. A little participation and he'd be way over 50 posts by now. Hell, mom45 posts 50 times an hour:)

Ya but she's a girl....:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Should we tell her she's qualified for the classifieds yet?

I thought I heard someone talking about me. What are the classifieds? You mean I can shop on here too?? Do they sell flowers there cause I am in flower planting mode right now and hubby would be ever so happy if he knew I had another place to buy some!!!

I'm not really sure if I have 50 quality posts yet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They don't talk about the whole "quality" thing until you try to buy something in the classified... then it's 'sorry dude, none of your posts really qualify as a quality post'...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Not even close to true. If you look at this thread, you will see plenty of examples (100?) where people spot runners well before 50 and comment on the junk they are spewing around the site to get to the classifieds.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Not even close to true. If you look at this thread, you will see plenty of examples (100?) where people spot runners well before 50 and comment on the junk they are spewing around the site to get to the classifieds.

Like the people that have almost no posts for several years and then a bunch at once. So far the only thing that I would have gone for in the classified was gone months before I got here... BTW it is still listed for sale....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    They don't talk about the whole "quality" thing until you try to buy something in the classified... then it's 'sorry dude, none of your posts really qualify as a quality post'...

I'm afraid if I post something in the classifieds I'll discover that I'm down to six posts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom