• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So is this mainly a watch list of suspicious people, that might be trying to abuse the classifieds to buy a gun without a form 4473 (which they wouldn't be able to pass)?

I haven't posted much because I wanted to make sure they were quality posts, but if this is the main reason of the rule I might try to get to 50 a little sooner.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    So is this mainly a watch list of suspicious people, that might be trying to abuse the classifieds to buy a gun without a form 4473 (which they wouldn't be able to pass)?

I haven't posted much because I wanted to make sure they were quality posts, but if this is the main reason of the rule I might try to get to 50 a little sooner.

No, this is just a thread where we post about INGO members who are making ridiculous runs for this classifieds by posting one liners. If you post real responses to threads you'll be good. :twocents:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Not at all. My recent posts got kind of serious due to the circumstances. This started as a fun thread and still is. We see the most ridiculous things from people trying to get to 50. Quite a few just post numbers. 1. 2. 3. for separate posts. Jump back a few pages or start at the beginning and you can see it's quite entertaining.

The quality post thing isn't as difficult or as serious as most people think. What draws attention is when someone posts in dozens of different threads within minutes or even hours with nothing that really contributes to the discussion. Typical things are:

Yes, I agree.
    No.
    I own one.
    Me too.
    Glock

These can all be legitimate answers or comments but when they are posted rapid fire scattered all across the forum by someone then it draws attention. You will see the following comment often. INGO is a gun forum and community that just happens to have a classifieds section.

Please don't think it's a watch group or your posts are being scrutinized that hard. It's clear when someone makes a run. Those are the fun ones to watch. The recent member is an exception. He seems to have problems and lied about something quite a few of us take to heart. By his own admissions it's illegal for him to buy a gun yet he was here making a run for his 50 so he could do so in a private sale after being a member for 4 1/2 years.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Oh, ok. I guess it was just the recent discussion that made me think that.

The recent discussion is 100% my fault. I'm the one who noticed it and brought it up. It's not typical in this thread. If you want to you can follow the links and posts to see the details of it and why I brought it up. You can pick just about any page in this thread that's older than a week (date when the guy got upset) and see some of what we are talking about. Or you can check it out this weekend. There is almost always a runner or three on the weekends.

There are quite a few good guys in this thread that at one time were tracked by the 'runner radar'. We're not really out to get anyone, honest.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

It really doesn't have to do with F4473 or avoiding background checks as much as it has to do with community. We don't want this board to be about people trying to just come here and score a deal, we want users that are actively posting and building community. I'd much rather deal with a person that's got 1K+ posts than someone with 5.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The recent discussion is 100% my fault. I'm the one who noticed it and brought it up. It's not typical in this thread. If you want to you can follow the links and posts to see the details of it and why I brought it up. You can pick just about any page in this thread that's older than a week (date when the guy got upset) and see some of what we are talking about. Or you can check it out this weekend. There is almost always a runner or three on the weekends.

There are quite a few good guys in this thread that at one time were tracked by the 'runner radar'. We're not really out to get anyone, honest.
    And I thank you for this ^^^^^^^

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Basically put, There is more to this place then the classifieds. If that is what you want, Pony up the site supporter fee and contact a mod. The boss makes 20 bucks to help keep this place open. If you are just posting crap to get to 50 expect to get brought up here and also expect to have most of your crap posts deleted by the mods. They aren't worth anything to any conversation. Or you can hang around. This place is great. Join in on conversions. Post useful responses.

People that have been up in this thread have went on to participating in this thread. They go on to fund the value of this place. Don't be a runner. It doesn't impress anyone. If you do get a thick skin when you are notice.

Welcome :wavey: from South Bend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom