• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    Wow. You almost make someone not want to participate. If that is your goal, or if you all are just cynical towards anyone new....let me know. I will surely never return to your little club....but if otherwise, back off a little, and give me a damn chance. I will NOT be an every dayer by any means, but I am definitely not here to just buy/sell crap.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wow. You almost make someone not want to participate. If that is your goal, or if you all are just cynical towards anyone new....let me know. I will surely never return to your little club....but if otherwise, back off a little, and give me a damn chance. I will NOT be an every dayer by any means, but I am definitely not here to just buy/sell crap.

You'll be fine. The shear amount of people trying to get to 50 so they can buy or sell something is startling. I'd guess the 49 out of 50 people who post in the manner you did are just trying to get to 50. Every once in a while we get someone who just wants to participate, like you. Welcome (back).

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

"Most" people that hit there 50 with a posting pattern like yours are here for one thing. That's to get to the classifieds. If you can honestly say that you weren't doing that, then please except my apology. If you read the link I Vm'ed you, you would know the drill. But you kept on posting in the manor that got you the attention here.

You hit your 50. If your post are deemed quality, then they will stay. What the rest of your ingo experience is like is up to you. Believe it or not we are a friendly group. But we are protective of our community. Our classifieds section is full of people that have came here, hit 50 and they never leave that section. And there are thousands that hit 50, buy something and one come here when they see something else they want. That doesn't help the community in anyway.

Most of use deem a quality post as a post where we learn something about you, or learn something from you. They involve more then one line and don't usually start with 'Wow". The first 50 is where you prove yourself. You can go away huffy or you can hang around and learn something, teach us something, help the community or let the community help you. The choice is yours.

Larry

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    You'll be fine. The shear amount of people trying to get to 50 so they can buy or sell something is startling. I'd guess the 49 out of 50 people who post in the manner you did are just trying to get to 50. Every once in a while we get someone who just wants to participate, like you. Welcome (back).

Thank you. Look forward to picking up some knowledge here, and occasionally providing my 2 cents....which may only be worth a penny, but I'll try.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I dispute that derp! I think he's been in the sun too long.

Go back to your boats...we know you love them, DB.

Oh and if the pirate ship goes missing, I have no idea where it is.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    I dispute that derp! I think he's been in the sun too long.

Go back to your boats...we know you love them, DB.

Oh and if the pirate ship goes missing, I have no idea where it is.

Found it...

bounty_fe.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Your posts fit a very distinct pattern. As was said above, the majority of people that post like that are here for only one thing. They do not share knowledge, or interact with anyone. They are here to fleece the other members and to do so for free. Here are two examples. There are hundreds of members like this.

View Profile: MiCo - INGunOwners

View Profile: John224 - INGunOwners

Look at the 'about me' section then look at the post areas. The first one has been here almost 6 years and has 146 regular posts. He has 464 posts in the classifieds and can't even spring for the cheap $20 site supporter fee to help out the site.

The second one has been here for over 6 years and has 90 regular posts and 826 posts in the classifieds. He has been on my 'do not deal with' list for the past 5 years and until a couple months ago has never been a site supporter.

I will not deal with either one of them regardless of what the item is or price. I will never sell them an item of mine either.
    These are not isolated cases, as I said there are lots of members here just like them. They are here for only one thing, to hock their wares for free when other sites would charge them for what they are doing.

You have already been given the link by 1911ly in your VM's.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html
    If you haven't read it then you should do so. It explains a lot. Go to my post, #64, and look at some of the links there. They show a small fraction of the good other members here do for each other.

dw74ap.jpg
    and
    zwgmlw.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom