Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Traffic Stop Leads to Discovery of Six Pounds of Heroin
    Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 02/19/2019 06:55 PM EST

...Cloverdale, IN - Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at approximately 10:00 a.m., an Indiana State Police Trooper stopped a gold Chevrolet Equinox on Interstate 70 near the 41 mile marker for a traffic violation of following too close. The driver was identified as Joshua Gomez, 21, San Diego, CA. During a conversation with Gomez, the trooper observed criminal indicators.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s office was requested for assistance with a canine. Upon the unit's arrival and during the traffic stop, the canine gave an alert to the officers of an indication of an illegal substance. A subsequent search of the vehicle discovered that Gomez was transporting approximately 6.2 pounds of heroin concealed in the vehicle.

The estimated street value of the heroin is $225,000 and was being transported from California to Ohio.

Joshua Gomez was transported to the Putnam County Jail...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

...Cloverdale, IN - Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at approximately 10:00 a.m., an Indiana State Police Trooper stopped a gold Chevrolet Equinox on Interstate 70 near the 41 mile marker for a traffic violation of following too close. The driver was identified as Joshua Gomez, 21, San Diego, CA. During a conversation with Gomez, the trooper observed criminal indicators.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s office was requested for assistance with a canine. Upon the unit's arrival and during the traffic stop, the canine gave an alert to the officers of an indication of an illegal substance. A subsequent search of the vehicle discovered that Gomez was transporting approximately 6.2 pounds of heroin concealed in the vehicle.

The estimated street value of the heroin is $225,000 and was being transported from California to Ohio.

Pure horse, book'em Danno!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

What's your point?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's your point?

See. Here’s your problem. If you were fiercely loyal to team Trump you’d get it. If mot, there are way too many ambiguous dots to connect to know exactly the point. So maybe an explanation for the non-loyal would be helpful. But at any rate I’m pretty sure the dots connect in a way that the name “Gomez” is informative.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What's your point?

See. Here’s your problem. If you were fiercely loyal to team Trump you’d get it. If mot, there are way too many ambiguous dots to connect to know exactly the point. So maybe an explanation for the non-loyal would be helpful. But at any rate I’m pretty sure the dots connect in a way that the name “Gomez” is informative.

D4Ny.gif

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Wow, am I sure glad I said pony and not burro...

Before I get run over by the thought police: a pony is a small horse, he had 6lbs of "horse", let me know if I need to give further testimony...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wow, am I sure glad I said pony and not burro...

Before I get run over by the thought police: a pony is a small horse, he had 6lbs of "horse", let me know if I need to give further testimony...
    Sure, it was thought police. A post about someone caught running drugs in a thread about immigration. There was no mention of the suspect being an illegal. The only connection is what Jamil pointed out. Don't let that cloud your view of what transpired though.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Well, if he was naturalized would we be commending him for embracing the capitalist life style? I thought DeLorean was spelled with a "D"...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

View attachment 74917

Yep, there's nothing about this guy to make one suspect illegal alien/gang member

Nothing to see here, quityer racial profilin'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

What's your point?

Sure, it was thought police. A post about someone caught running drugs in a thread about immigration. There was no mention of the suspect being an illegal. The only connection is what Jamil pointed out. Don't let that cloud your view of what transpired though.

May I point out #2931 and #2937, posts about drug runners and illegals (gang membership is de facto disqualifying for entry) in this same thread, possibly on the same page (depending on your parameters for pagination)

So why jump selectively on BeeDub and Mongo?

Edit: story is from the 19th. How long would it take to ascertain his immigration status. Maybe they didn't mention it because it hasn't been reliably determined? Care to make a small wager on the outcome of this question? I'm going to go with 'unlikely to be a citizen or here on a green card'

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    May I point out #2931 and #2937, posts about drug runners and illegals (gang membership is de facto disqualifying for entry) in this same thread, possibly on the same page (depending on your parameters for pagination)

So why jump selectively on BeeDub and Mongo?

Edit: story is from the 19th. How long would it take to ascertain his immigration status. Maybe they didn't mention it because it hasn't been reliably determined? Care to make a small wager on the outcome of this question? I'm going to go with 'unlikely to be a citizen or here on a green card'
    You are saying there are no Latino gang members that are citizens of the US that live in San Diego? I'm sure there was no assumption of his citizenship based upon his name or appearance. It was purely because he was tattooed and running drugs.

The issue is with the assumption that he is illegal. While he may be, there was nothing in that report that said anything about his being illegal. It gave a name, age and city. Any other inferences are just that.

Maybe it wasn't mentioned, because the ISP doesn't really care. That wouldn't be a state crime.

Top Bottom