• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The more we the people blame a President for local issues the more the "we the people" are clamoring for a king. Trump had it right when he made it a local issue with the feds as a facilitator/coordinator. Criticism of Trump in that role is legitimate but holding him responsible for deaths of minorities in cities dominated by democratic leaders is disingenuous

Trump's move was an easy way to avoid blame.

I get the thinking behind it, but if you value liberty more than the people you're ceding authority to, what good is going to come of that? More than half the country lives under extremely tyrannical rule, and letting the local governments go full retard and violate their citizens, isn't a move the federal government should be so comfortable with. After all, the only reason we have a federal government is to protect the rights of the people.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mike Row had a decent recent episode of The Way I heard It, and then went on to rip Cuomo for his idiotic "...if it just saves one life..."

Well worth a listen, if only for his concept of "safety third."

EDIT:
    [video=youtube_share;EQ1OPz1p0U4]https://youtu.be/EQ1OPz1p0U4[/video]

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I get the thinking behind it, but if you value liberty more than the people you're ceding authority to, what good is going to come of that? More than half the country lives under extremely tyrannical rule, and letting the local governments go full retard and violate their citizens, isn't a move the federal government should be so comfortable with. After all, the only reason we have a federal government is to protect the rights of the people.

A little tough on fos post? The local people chose those tyrannical rulers...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Reading you and Foszoe is like watching Thomas Jefferson and John Adams going rounds over Republicanism vs Federalism.

(For the record, I side with TJ and Foszoe. An all-powerful central government is bad.)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    He was well on his way before clipping, over twenty in less than a couple of hours. They just don't get that the "new posts" link is pushed dozens of times per minute and when a user name never seen pops up five times in the first page it really sticks out...

Some of that just depends on when someone gets back to INGO, I just came back on and am catching up and I probably commented two or three times already?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

This is actually Trump's super power. By simply acting within Constitutional bounds (remember Federalism?), Trump has a way of getting established individuals/groups to reveal their true selves rather than avoiding blame as they usually do. The MSM, the Democrats, RINOs, universities, Hollywood, etc. all have become much easier to see, even for those not really paying attention.

Then the DOJ can act against actual Constitution-violating acts and set useful precedents. Finally, it is then up to the people to do something about all of those tyrants that they now see they have voted in while they were concealing their totalitarian views and tendencies. The power to remove them belongs to the people, not Trump.

Your alternative would have Trump act as a tyrant, create policies that couldn't possibly be appropriate for different locations and allow these other groups to perform their victim kabuki theater yet again.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am not following the play by play on all this bull****, but I did see that Governor Wretched Whitmer has extended the shutdown of her kingdom to May 28.

Does anybody know if the ***** specified which year?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I am not following the play by play on all this bull****, but I did see that Governor Wretched Whitmer has extended the shutdown of her kingdom to May 28.

Does anybody know if the ***** specified which year?
    I would be even more interested to know if the “Yoopers” above the Bridge think that she should buzz off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Generally Federalism doesn't mean there aren't any boundaries around what states may do. We're kinda in uncharted territory where states are enacting their own state's constitution on state authority during emergencies. In KY the locals are praising people like Governor Andy Beshear and Mayor of Louisville, Greg Fischer, for their "leadership" in shutting things down. They seem to cheer it, and they scorned Indiana for announcing that we're gonna start opening things back up. If the people cheer local governments' full retard actions along with the violation of their own rights, whaddyagonnado?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mike Row had a decent recent episode of The Way I heard It, and then went on to rip Cuomo for his idiotic "...if it just saves one life..."

Well worth a listen, if only for his concept of "safety third."

EDIT:
    [video=youtube_share;EQ1OPz1p0U4]https://youtu.be/EQ1OPz1p0U4[/video]

GASP!

IT SAYS KOCH AT THE END!!!

:runaway:

THAT MEANS MIKE IS PRACTICALLY A .... nazi.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Generally Federalism doesn't mean there aren't any boundaries around what states may do. We're kinda in uncharted territory where states are enacting their own state's constitution on state authority during emergencies. In KY the locals are praising people like Governor Andy Beshear and Mayor of Louisville, Greg Fischer, for their "leadership" in shutting things down. They seem to cheer it, and they scorned Indiana for announcing that we're gonna start opening things back up. If the people cheer local governments' full retard actions along with the violation of their own rights, whaddyagonnado?

”A viler evil than to throw a man into a sacrificial furnace, is to demand that he leap in, of his own will, and that he build the furnace, besides.”
    —The Old Lady

Brother, they ​have asked for it!

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    #BillionaireCivilDisobedience:

tWuEB3Y.png

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I seem to recall something along the lines of the civil war happening.

I feel like a lot of you folks forget the reason we have a federal government. They're supposed to be stepping in when little hitlers start popping up, regardless of whether there's public support for atrocities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom