• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, it's not a flag, it's a lawn.

This, not that I would walk on purpose in the middle of that painted lawn but I imagine you have to walk all over it to make it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Walking all over an actual flag made of fabric would be different.

The representation of a flag is not the same as a flag.

Like wearing a flag as clothing is not considered proper but wearing clothes with the flag printed on it is different.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This, not that I would walk on purpose in the middle of that painted lawn but I imagine you have to walk all over it to make it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Walking all over an actual flag made of fabric would be different.

The representation of a flag is not the same as a flag.

Like wearing a flag as clothing is not considered proper but wearing clothes with the flag printed on it is different.

Yes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Of course not, they shouldn't intentionally ground it and dust it off when able. The flag code is about respecting the flag.

If your flag touches the ground you should correct it and fly it...so long as it is clean, no need to consider it desecrated and burn it.

But once you've created a flag it's the flag.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Snippets from the flag code:

The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America.

The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

I'm pretty sure the people painting their lawn/field thought they were creating a flag...I doubt they burned off their lawns when it started fading. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Some may not call this patriotic, but I do.
    A bad ass helo pilot driving his Chinook like a finely tuned machine on the side of a mountain.

Helicopter crew rescues climber near summit of Mount Hood

[video=youtube;fZ-mhmpHXic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ-mhmpHXic[/video]

Pilot and crew risking their own lives in the service of others, I don't think it gets much more patriotic than that outside of actual battle

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;Zw6sKtXDCZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw6sKtXDCZk[/video]

Top Bottom