• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I did bookmark that radar sight and don't see anything on it except the medical one too. :dunno:

Maybe they have a super secret stealth mode button on the dash.

I don't know the specifics of it, but there are planes and helis here local that I could see in front of me but didn't appear on the screen.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    There's a local place where a bald eagle hangs out. I know the area he's in and can drive by and see him often... but there is no where to stop and take a picture.
    Have seen them flying by here almost daily lately. There's a nest on the state parks property you can see by boat. It's big enough to hold a Honda civic.
    Just wish I could hone my pic taking skills quicker. Ill get better when it warms up and can sit comfortably out on the deck more.
    Expats supposed to show up for breakfast one of these days. He's probably waiting for the hummingbirds to return to get the full experience though. Can't blame him.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Have seen them flying by here almost daily lately. There's a nest on the state parks property you can see by boat. It's big enough to hold a Honda civic.
    Just wish I could hone my pic taking skills quicker. Ill get better when it warms up and can sit comfortably out on the deck more.
    Expats supposed to show up for breakfast one of these days. He's probably waiting for the hummingbirds to return to get the full experience though. Can't blame him.
    They made a nest at the preserves not far from my old house. That was something. As soon as people found out they went out of control. Fly RC Helos, Drones and trying to climb the tree. The DNR tried to stop them, but is was useless they would go all night long.

They finally abandoned the nest.
    People really suck sometimes.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I know somebody that saw a bear and cub in a tree once and stopped in the middle of the road so they could go and take pictures and bang on the tree... I kinda wanted the bear to attack them tbh.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I know somebody that saw a bear and cub in a tree once and stopped in the middle of the road so they could go and take pictures and bang on the tree... I kinda wanted the bear to attack them tbh.
    I crossed paths with a young bear in Tennessee while I was hiking. He was headed up the mountain and me on the trail was in his way. He stood up and slapped the tree, I :poop: in my drawers and hoped he wasn't hungry. About 10' away and that slap was one of the loudest sounds I've ever heard.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I crossed paths with a young bear in Tennessee while I was hiking. He was headed up the mountain and me on the trail was in his way. He stood up and slapped the tree, I :poop: in my drawers and hoped he wasn't hungry. About 10' away and that slap was one of the loudest sounds I've ever heard.

I was wading a creek once and slipped and fell in some mire to where there was no way I was gonna get out without help. So I just sat there knowing my brother who was not far away would be by in a bit. Well, Bro on his way toward me jumped a deer that lept into the creek and nearly landed on me. The deer and I both had a scare.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    They made a nest at the preserves not far from my old house. That was something. As soon as people found out they went out of control. Fly RC Helos, Drones and trying to climb the tree. The DNR tried to stop them, but is was useless they would go all night long.

The DNR release 3 mating pairs about 6-7 years ago at the state park near me. 1 pair has stayed and had little ones for the past 3 years. No body really bothers them as you can only see the nest by boat and you have to know where to look. It's on some really remote area too thank God or the crazies would probably run them off too. Like you say, people suck. The nest is huge and not made of little sticks, more like big branches and little logs. Very cool though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well, most people really suck most of the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom