Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What model is that one in the bottom picture?
    Model 44 U.S.. The ones marked U.S. Property were former military training rifles. This one doesn't have that marking. I was introduced to them when I was in Boy Scouts and used one to get my Rifle and Shotgun merit badge (there was no shotgun shooting involved though). My very first 22 was one of these that I bought for 50 bucks back in the early 70's!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Model 44 U.S.. The ones marked U.S. Property were former military training rifles. This one doesn't have that marking. I was introduced to them when I was in Boy Scouts and used one to get my Rifle and Shotgun merit badge (there was no shotgun shooting involved though). My very first 22 was one of these that I bought for 50 bucks back in the early 70's!
    I've seen one a lot like it, but it had a longer barrel. I shouldn't have passed on it, but I did.
    It was a model 144 I believe. I still wish I would have got that one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I also got my first and only quail with the 16 gauge. We were hunting rabbits along some railroad tracks up near Lebanon (I think) and flushed a covey. I didn't even get it all the way up to my shoulder. Just got the stock up under my armpit and fired into the covey and happened to hit one. Mom cooked it for me and it was delicious! I'd love to hunt quail again but they've gotten kinda scarce so I've heard.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We had a Mossberg bolt 410 with the choke on the barrel. I'm not sure who ended up with it now.
    Did it look like this? That's the kind I had. Model 183D-A (I think). Looked like this one anyhow...

pix972175945.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom