• Status
    Not open for further replies.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    for years my wife loved it when we would get lucky enough to spot a Pileated woodpecker. Now one has moved in right here and is working hard to kill one of my pine trees in the front yard right by the driveway. It is awesome to be able to watch it from the front window but I don't think the tree will survive :( :):

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    My daughter said she knew about it but hadn't said anything because she thought it wasn't public knowledge and didn't want me saying anything to my parents about it until someone had told them. I don't think they know.
    Just what everybody needs, more "secrets" and family drama :(

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    for years my wife loved it when we would get lucky enough to spot a Pileated woodpecker. Now one has moved in right here and is working hard to kill one of my pine trees in the front yard right by the driveway. It is awesome to be able to watch it from the front window but I don't think the tree will survive :( :):
    They sure can be hard on them, but I think it's a sign that the tree already has issues.

We had all ours taken down, but the woods behind us has plenty to keep them around.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Morning Klaus. They generally like hardwoods so odd it would be tearing up your pine. Might have found a cache of bug larvae though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hope we get some good melting the next few days. My gutters over the deck have filled with ice. They were clean at the end of fall, so I don't know what's up. I think snow slid down in them and before it could melt, it got too cold and it just froze there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom