• ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    All the same.

If I am wearing a t-shirt I CC, and if I am wearing a collared shirt, tucked in with a belt and all that, I OC. Never gave it any other thought than that. I just think it looks funny to OC in a t-shirt. Most of the time I wear dress shirts, so most of the time I OC. And if it's cold I OC with a jacket unzipped, so it's like OCC? LOL

I wear my t-shirts tucked in too so it's always the same for me. After 64 years on this rock it matters little to me if some think wearing my t's tucked in looks silly. :)

ShootingMCFampG07-10-2012003.jpg

G30ampBlackhawkSERPA005.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I never open carry. I want the "bad guy" to not know that I have a firearm so that just in case he is actually willing to shoot, that he doesn't just do it first, then rob me. But, to each, their own.

Did you even read the essay or are you just responding to the thread title?

:dunno:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I'm new to carrying, and I do want to "dabble" in some OCing, though I'll admit I don't think I'll be a 100% OCer for a while. I've seen a few holsters that can be used for both IWB or OWB carrying, any of them any good?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I'm new to carrying, and I do want to "dabble" in some OCing, though I'll admit I don't think I'll be a 100% OCer for a while. I've seen a few holsters that can be used for both IWB or OWB carrying, any of them any good?

You'd probably have to give us a little more information than that.
    Which ones???

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    with all due respect.

I am a newbie so please go easy on me.lol

Would it depend on pardon the pun"luck of the draw" If a bad guy comes into a business with his gun already drawn and the decision already made he has to go thru with his mayhem I would think the OC person becomes the threat to him and is the 1st target. If the bad guy comes in not having drawn his gun and has a chance to decide not to go thru with his mayhem it may be benificial to OC? Does this make sense? What do you think?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana

Would it depend on pardon the pun"luck of the draw" If a bad guy comes into a business with his gun already drawn and the decision already made he has to go thru with his mayhem I would think the OC person becomes the threat to him and is the 1st target. If the bad guy comes in not having drawn his gun and has a chance to decide not to go thru with his mayhem it may be benificial to OC? Does this make sense? What do you think?

You don't read this forum much do you??? :dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Hanging a great big "I will not be a victim" sign around you neck most assuredly reduces the chance of being a victim. There have actually been several studies baring this out. All posted in this very thread. Crooks want the biggest reward for the lowest risk.

As for "being the first target": that has also been shown to be largely a myth. Has it happened? Sure. A couple of folks (as in literally a couple) have been targeted specifically because they had a gun on their hip. The other many tens of thousands of times? They were simply not "targeted".

Go back and peruse this thread. You may learn a bunch!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you take into account the frequency and probability of various criminal encounters and find that you are most often in a place which is habitually robbed by crazies who run in with guns drawn prepared to shoot people, then it would behoove you to plan for that situation as your most likely need for defense.

If you find that this is an extremely low probability in the overall scope of more likely defensive situations, you should manage primarily for the risks you'll more likely be facing first. Knowing that flukes can still happen shouldn't alter your general strategy significantly, that wouldn't be very rational.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

A fair question. If his intention is to rob the place, then I suggest he's pumped full of adrenailine and wanting to get in and get out as quickly as possible. His focus would be on the cash register (or his goal) and not other peoples hips.

These folks are after soft targets, as said before, so the idea that he would walk in, stroll around looking for a gun on a hip, finding one and shooting that person, then robbing the store doesn't seem rational to me.

If the bad guy is there to shoot up the place then who the target is becomes moot. If the bad guy wants to kill everyone there then my OC pistol matters nothing to him but it does give me quicker access to it than if I was CC.

Good question, Morgan.

Top Bottom