• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    This is going to rankle some feathers but here goes anyway...

There is a significant percentage of the Open Carry faction that do it:

1. To show everybody they're a hardass.
    2. Because they can and they've got a point to prove that its legal.
    3. They like to cause a scene or stir up trouble.

What that percentage is, I don't know. Maybe its 20%, maybe its 80%. I know the non-carrying populace think it is closer to 100%. Some of the comments on these threads bear these reasons out. I'm not interested in being "that guy".

You don't see that attitude by the Concealed Carry faction. Mostly they just want a gun for their safety. Its not about sending a message. If I get into a situation where SHTF, I know I have a possible solution and that's good enough for me...

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    And your point is? I don't care if they wear a shirt that says my pistol is an extension of my p*&*s, it's none of my damn business. No one speaks for me but me. Everyone else who owns a weapon is an individual and as such their actions reflect on them, not me. If others choose to allow someone else's behaviour to dictate their actions, so be it.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    There are a certain number of BMW owners who are richard craniums. I own a BMW, and yet I'm not a richard. But I'm not going to worry about someone else's perception of me. I like my car, and I don't drive it to prove anything.

BTW, you haven't ruffled my feathers.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    By this logic, since criminals who carry tend to carry concealed, I should assume that CCW=criminal? I mean, if you have nothing to hide, why are you trying so hard to hide it?

I do find it interesting that folks that choose to conceal give open carriers grief, but folks that choose to carry openly don't give a hoot about how anyone else carries. Personally, I'm just happy that folks carry.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    BTW, this thread now meets with my approval. I came here for an argument, and it was far too conciliatory up to this page.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/ame]

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    There are a certain number of BMW owners who are richard craniums. I own a BMW, and yet I'm not a richard. But I'm not going to worry about someone else's perception of me. I like my car, and I don't drive it to prove anything.

BTW, you haven't ruffled my feathers.

Huh...

I thought it was a requirement to even purchase a New BMW that you had to be a confirmed Richard Cranium... :dunno:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Huh...

I thought it was a requirement to even purchase a New BMW that you had to be a confirmed Richard Cranium... :dunno:

True, but just like everything else, standards have been lowered so much over the last few years, that nearly anyone can join. The only requirement is: once a week, you have to accelerate through a red light, making all the people in the opposing left-turn lane wait. If you flick a cigarette butt at one of those people in the turn lane, you can skip a week.

Kids today get off light. They have no concept of the sacrifices made by previous generations.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

Justin.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    I personally conceal carry for the simple fact that the "average" citizen is to quick to call the police and say "someone has a gun". I understand law enforcement has a job to do but I dont like having to pull over, get out of the car, get searched, and run my numbers. Of course Im totally legal, you are stupid if you do otherwise. Its just a hassle and takes law enforcements valuable time when they could be attending to real crimes. Although I do believe open carry does make criminals think twice before the commit a crime.

Top Bottom