• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    How long has it been since someone actually read the Open Carry Argument and then attempted to refute or counter those points here? :scratch:

Seems like ages. :tumbleweed:

Sure we still see the occasional new guy that just reads the title and then proves that he didn't even begin to read the first post by tossing in something "new" about CC being far superior, but that sort of mild fun is short lived. It just doesn't satisfy like real arguing. ;)

I suppose the public service of linking folks here from their attempted threadjacks elsewhere on the forum actually does curb a few (heck, maybe some of them really do read it), but it used to be far more lively in here.

Here's to the good ol' days. :cheers:

Oh well, there's always punctuation. :):

Ive read it several times I open carry quite a bit more due to it. I still cc though when I feel I need to. I enjoy this thread though watching people arguing can be very entertaining :popcorn:

casket

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Great Essay and well worth the read. I have just started daily carrying. I am in sales and have to CC due to not wanting to offend a customer and lose business (aka $$$$$$) My brother OC all the time and I just thought it was an ego trip. This has opened my eyes to the ppl that OC. To all it might not be an ego trip. +100 to the OP

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I am a retired federal enforcement officer and also have friends in the local law enforcement community, I have some sense how enforcement officers approach potential illegal activities. Many of these individuals are very Alpha orientated. Couple that with the career objectives of some enforcement officers and the department good will generated from making cases and you have the potential for excessive aggressive scrutiny if you open carry. Further, Law Enforcement Officers, federal and state, are just like the rest of our general population when it comes to political and social views. These personal views can result in an officer with a hidden agenda again using an otherwise innocent situation and pushing their hidden agenda. If the prosecutor assigned to such a case is like minded, an otherwise perfectly innocent legally licensed gun carrier could end up with significant legal fees or worse. Even if you win you could lose big financially.

So as a retired law enforcement officer you admit that LEOs and prosecutors abuse the legal system to unfairly (and potentially illegally) harass and maliciously prosecute OCers who are innocent of any wrongdoing, thus your recommendation is to not exercise our rights as we see fit because law enforcement will trample our rights without repercussion. And you're okay with that?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    No, I think what hes trying to say is, go ahead and carry your 1911 on your hip, down main street. But don't be surprised if a terrified sheep calls the police, and makes it sound like your waving it around, and then several police show up, and assume the alpha role, and try to dominate the scene, until they have assessed it is safe to deescalate, at which time, you can explain your innocence. Assuming you back down, you will walk away unharmed. This is the way it works, and it all comes down to the idiot calling the police. The police are just enacting the laws of self preservation. If you cannot understand that, you need to talk to an urban police officer.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

What a poorly written article. I never liked Pincus. Him and Yeager. They just spew nonsense, and have a poor understanding of open carry.

I will agree that the douche nozzles that go around trying to get a reaction are hurting our cause, the refuse to ID people and so on, but I open carry for personal protection, and I'm not one of those people.

I put on my gun every morning, and I go about my day. I don't carry a camera, I don't try to instigate problems. If asked for LTCH, I provide it, and I'm on my way. No need for drama.

That article has nothing to do with most people here who OC, and it is most definitely NOT the point of this thread, so I have no idea why you post

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Rob Dinkus said:
    I do not advocate OC for personal defense...

Me either. Even OC-17 isn't sufficient for a defense situation. Too many variables. If you're not LEO, don't carry OC.

As for open carry, it is the best method for carrying a firearm for defense purposes.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

What!?

You start a ****storm in your own thread with your anti gun rights/do it my way or you're wrong rant and got your behind handed to you. But I guess that wasn't good enough so you need to come here and try to pull it out of the fire.

Good luck with that.

ETA: I notice the comments are closed on your little CYA.

ETA II: to be fair, I realized that you didn't start the thread with your name in the title, it was satarted by esrice. My apologies to Pincus and Evan.

Last edited:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    What!?

You start a ****storm in your own thread with your anti gun rights/do it my way or you're wrong rant and got your behind handed to you. But I guess that wasn't good enough so you need to come here and try to pull it out of the fire.

Good luck with that.

ETA: I notice the comments are closed on your little CYA.

This is why I take no one seriously who follows Dinkus or Meager.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Thank you for supporting the RIGHT to carry whatever and however one chooses. Even if your support comes with strings attached.

I am afraid you may be confusing "open carry for a cause" with those of us who simply carry openly as a matter of course.

Like any other activist, those that open carry "for a cause" are specifically trying to expose injustices and raise awareness. They toe (and cross) the line to bring attention to "the cause", whatever that may be. It is no different than a "Moms for Breastfeeding" group letting it all hang out to raise awareness and invite commentary. Does that somehow make EVERY women who breastfeeds in public a bad person?

I am wondering, do you (or others that frown upon open carry) also lump those that conceal for deception in with those that conceal for personal safety? I mean, they are both concealing for pretty much the same reason, so they they should all be frowned upon, yes?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Thank you for supporting the RIGHT to carry whatever and however one chooses. Even if your support comes with strings attached.

I am afraid you may be confusing "open carry for a cause" with those of us who simply carry openly as a matter of course.

Like any other activist, those that open carry "for a cause" are specifically trying to expose injustices and raise awareness. They toe (and cross) the line to bring attention to "the cause", whatever that may be. It is no different than a "Moms for Breastfeeding" group letting it all hang out to raise awareness and invite commentary. Does that somehow make EVERY women who breastfeeds in public a bad person?

I am wondering, do you (or others that frown upon open carry) also lump those that conceal for deception in with those that conceal for personal safety? I mean, they are both concealing for pretty much the same reason, so they they should all be frowned upon, yes?
    I like the cut of jib.... :):

All gun owners get falsely stereotyped by various people and groups relentlessly. It just doesn't make sense to me for us to do it to our own.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

I like the cut of jib.... :):

All gun owners get falsely stereotyped by various people and groups relentlessly. It just doesn't make sense to me for us to do it to our own.

:yesway: Well said. As I've stated before, the most I've ever been harassed or hassled for open carry, is right here on INGO.

We're all on the same team. We shouldn't have these petty fights.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    :yesway: Well said. As I've stated before, the most I've ever been harassed or hassled for open carry, is right here on INGO.

We're all on the same team. We shouldn't have these petty fights.
    But you're not a "professional"....therefore your opinion is :poop:

"Listen to mine as I am all knowing. Nobody's experience can surpass what I was told by a list of other gurus. That commands your obedience to my opinion or we will all shame you. You must follow the herd."

need some purple :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Professional?
    Like the ones that used to teach a one handed stance?
    Then the Weaver?
    Then the isoscoles stance?

What is "best" now, may not be "best" later, or even then.
    In math and science, there are correct answers.
    In life, there are shades of grey.

So,
    everyone should evaluate their own need.
    They can listen to friends, family, neighbors, professionals, whatever.

Then they decide.

Member of the JFC faction.

Top Bottom