• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    There is no such thing as........(filler).......... and take him down.

So, you didn't read the OP then. :rolleyes:

Carry how you want but proof is in the pudding.

Ever actually talked with a criminal? Ask him what kind of victims he prefers?
    I have. They want sweet, innocent, unarmed suckers. Most don't want confrontation unless it's on their terms.

OC diverts crime and protects the innocents. (worth repeating)

OC diverts crime and protects the innocents.
    Go ahead - Call me a lair, I dare you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    conradbattery.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There is no such thing as statistical reality, One can make the statistics support whatever position they are attempting to push...

Well, if you choose to dismiss the overwhelming data and focus rather on the rare anomaly, I have two suggestions:

1. Don't go to Vegas, their games are set up on the reality of such. They'll take all your money when you choose Keno simply because the payout is so much larger than craps or blackjack.

2. Try a more remedial OC/CC thread which has far less practical info so you can try to support your odd reasoning without denying reality.

Here's one: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/37307-common_oc_cc_threadjack.html

;)

waross

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Show me the data? Because statistics are interpretations of data. Where is the raw data? Let people draw their own conclusions. If you want to open carry fine, go ahead. But if one day you are attacked out of the blue by some wacked out zealot because he see a opportunity to grab at your gun then so be it. I am quite certain that most of the people in here that open carry are not using a level 2 or 3 retention holster; thereby making a fist fight for a gun fight.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So, you didn't read the OP then. :rolleyes:

Carry how you want but proof is in the pudding.

Ever actually talked with a criminal? Ask him what kind of victims he prefers?
    I have. They want sweet, innocent, unarmed suckers. Most don't want confrontation unless it's on their terms.

OC diverts crime and protects the innocents. (worth repeating)

OC diverts crime and protects the innocents.
    Go ahead - Call me a lair, I dare you.

Liar, everyone knows OC is bad

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Show me the data?

The burden of supporting your attempted refutation is on you.

Just some helpful hints to help your search, though:

FBI crime statistics. You could use those to show us how common active shooter mass murders are compared to all the other violent felonies.

Interviews conducted with known violent felons. You could quote the percentage that are emboldened to select a visibly armed citizen rather than avoiding them and choosing easier looking marks.

...I am quite certain that most of the people in here that open carry are not using a level 2 or 3 retention holster; thereby making a fist fight for a gun fight.

While you're searching, find us all those gun grabs you must assume happen to citizens when openly carrying. You seem certain that extra levels of retention holsters are needed for some reason.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Concealed carry is the way to go, it doesn't draw attention to ones self

If avoiding attention was higher on my list of priorities than personal safety, I might agree with your limited reasoning, but I prioritize avoiding threats much higher than avoiding nuisances.

Top Bottom