• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I conceal 100% of the time. I've trained myself to be confortable that way and I never feel vulnerable to the fact that offenders may see me as a weak target. If you carry yourself like prey it wont matter if you have a cannon draped over your shoulder. To go one step further, if you open carry and pose a threat to me what makes you so sure that I wont disarm you long before you draw on me? Believe me when I say if some one wants your open-carry gun they have a 50% chance of getting it! Get it through your thick head and dont open carry to get attention or kicks. Choose every opportunity as if it were your last and grow up.

Get it through YOUR thick head. I don't carry open to try to be an attention seeking, kick getting, lead slinging, bada$$. If that was the case then CC must make you a sniveling, hiding, leadless, winer. Stop with the whining about how I carry, I don't carry how you carry, I wouldnt tell you that you should carry any way that was uncomfortable to you. If I was COMFORTABLE CC I might think about it, but since I don't care to hide it I won't. I don't NEED to hide it.

Let me be clear I am not calling any CC'ers any names just bringing up a point. OC/CC just as long as you carry.

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    images

This guy chose OC lol...

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    People who carry openly do it for intimidation factor. So says a LEO. That's why cops carry openly, to intimidate people.
    A law enforcement officer openly carries a weapon for its “intimidation factor. In law enforcement, that’s the message you send.”
    Thus, open carriers are trying to do the same, intimidate people. And that causes problems.

McEntee: Revised open-carry law would cause fear among unarmed | The Salt Lake Tribune

Is it any wonder why some have the opinions of LEOs that we do?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

From the article:

...Civilians who openly carry weapons are another matter. “Is this person’s intent to do harm, or is he just carrying a gun? It puts police officers in a very awkward position,” he said.

Until intent leads to some arrestable action, it's just carrying a gun.

Why would the police consider this a very awkward position?

After presuming intent, what's the next step... a pre-crime arrest and thought trial of some sort? :dunno:

I think they've been watching too many sci-fi movies out in Utah.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Its part of the "Pro-Active Policing" that has been popular as of late. Some of the articles I have read regarding School Shootings and other such violent acts have had experts say that there are no recognizable and definitive patterns with which to profile potential threats. With statements like that it is only a matter of time that some other "expert" comes up with a widely accepted profile and the police or government act on nothing more than a profile fitting description.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    People who carry openly do it for intimidation factor. So says a LEO. That's why cops carry openly, to intimidate people.

Thus, open carriers are trying to do the same, intimidate people. And that causes problems.

McEntee: Revised open-carry law would cause fear among unarmed | The Salt Lake Tribune

Is it any wonder why some have the opinions of LEOs that we do?

Yeah yeah and i carry a gerber multi tool to intimidate the hell out of those pesky screws i MAY run into. If that guy is doing it for intimidation purposes then we all are right? I know thats not your argument but seeing this lame a$$ argument makes me :xmad:

Its part of the "Pro-Active Policing" that has been popular as of late.

I pro-actively shoot criminals all the time. Every target i shoot just broke into my house and is trying to rape my gf, or they just tried to rob me, or got bitten by a vampire,zombie or something like that. I don't just shoot my targets saying hmmmmm that's just paper. Those evil targets will get you.

NoxImus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I open carry because I choose to, get over it? :popcorn:

Seriously though, I support anyone that carries. Everyone that carries makes a statement, whether silent or not they do. Though, I remember seeing somewhere someone talking about how things use to be back in the day when this country worked right. Criminals, gangsters and holigans all Concealed Carried and open carrying was called the gentlemens carry. I will admit that I take trips monthly to Pennsylvania and open carry there. I had the cops called on me at a Olive Garden by the manager, the cops showed up and told him there was nothing he could do but ask me to leave, though he never did. I like the way they doing things over in PA.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom