• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Seems like more of a situational awareness fail than a concealed carry fail. But Dean makes a good point: petty criminals are far more likely to attack a concealed carrier than an open carrier.
    Not to mention a holster fail... He needs to invest in a better holster than whatever he was using. NONE of my holsters will allow my gun to simply "drop out of the holster" during a struggle. Some have an active rentention feature, some do not. A good holster will hold on to your gun regardless though.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Seems like more of a situational awareness fail than a concealed carry fail. But Dean makes a good point: petty criminals are far more likely to attack a concealed carrier than an open carrier.

Which is pretty much the point, I believe.

As you know, the argument against open carry starts out "you'll be targeted" and continues by trotting out the 4 attacks against open carriers as open carry failures while ignoring the thousands of people who are attacked every year even though they are not open carrying.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I CC but have no problem with OC…..what I think is "funny" is a state like TX thinks OC is wrong, and should only CC, while WV requires you to OC and thinks CC is wrong…...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I CC but have no problem with OC…..what I think is "funny" is a state like TX thinks OC is wrong, and should only CC, while WV requires you to OC and thinks CC is wrong…...

Yep, I'm still trying to figure out how the right to keep and bear arms may be infringed at all. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You shoulda seen my sister in law from New Jersey staring at the "evil" hollow points in Cabelas.
    But... they're illegal.

Welcome to the real world.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Open carry just draws out the bad in people. Whats the point of open carry?

7rwSpeH.gif

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I used to be a CC only guy, until a few years ago - just after joining INGO. It was reading this very thread that prompted me to think through some of my notions regarding carry. For that reason I consider this thread one of the most valuable threads on INGO, at least for me, and am glad to see this thread is still alive and kickin'.

Top Bottom