The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was talking about verbage, not physical action. I probably shouldn't assume everyone knows the difference.

It just depends whether you believe he was telling the truth or not. The man has a reputation very similar to Bill Clinton.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    OK.

Back to my question, though. Should Trump and Trump supporters be going after GOP members that are up for reelection? Which would result in more Democrats in power with Clinton.

If GOP members attack the GOP candidate for presidency then I think they are fair game.

There are 3 scenarios, broadly speaking, for GOP members

1. Unconditionally Support Trump
    2. Conditionally Support Trump. Emphasize areas of agreement. Downplay areas of disagreement w/o compromising one's belief. Overall emphasize overall support for Trump over Hillary.
    3. Disavow Trump.

As for Trump Supporters and Trumps reaction to these scenarios.

1. Reciprocate the support
    2. Emphasize areas of agreement.
    3. Disavow the down party candidate.

For example, I saw Pence in the 2nd scenario over Syria. I read in the press how horrible it was for the VP and the P not to agree. That kind of thinking is not healthy in my opinion.

I like to remain firmly in camp 2, not just in politics, but in all areas of life in general.

So how would this work?

Example 1: I have heard Trump speak about X. His solution would be Y. I agree that X is a problem facing the country. In order to support Y I would need to further investigate option Z, which I have supported in the past and see where Y and Z intersect. Perhaps in further discussions, we can take the best of both and advance and option W.

Example 2: I too have heard the tape. I want to hear what Trump says about the tape before responding.....

Having heard the tape, I also heard Trump apologize for what was said. I too have said some things I wish I could have taken back and apologized in the past. I believe in the possibility of change in anyone. I have feared myself that i would not be forgiven for things I have done and i will not do that to another human being.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If GOP members attack the GOP candidate for presidency then I think they are fair game.

There are 3 scenarios, broadly speaking, for GOP members

1. Unconditionally Support Trump
    2. Conditionally Support Trump. Emphasize areas of agreement. Downplay areas of disagreement w/o compromising one's belief. Overall emphasize overall support for Trump over Hillary.
    3. Disavow Trump.

As for Trump Supporters and Trumps reaction to these scenarios.

1. Reciprocate the support
    2. Emphasize areas of agreement.
    3. Disavow the down party candidate.

For example, I saw Pence in the 2nd scenario over Syria. I read in the press how horrible it was for the VP and the P not to agree. That kind of thinking is not healthy in my opinion.

I like to remain firmly in camp 2, not just in politics, but in all areas of life in general.

So how would this work?

Example 1: I have heard Trump speak about X. His solution would be Y. I agree that X is a problem facing the country. In order to support Y I would need to further investigate option Z, which I have supported in the past and see where Y and Z intersect. Perhaps in further discussions, we can take the best of both and advance and option W.

Example 2: I too have heard the tape. I want to hear what Trump says about the tape before responding.....

Having heard the tape, I also heard Trump apologize for what was said. I too have said some things I wish I could have taken back and apologized in the past. I believe in the possibility of change in anyone. I have feared myself that i would not be forgiven for things I have done and i will not do that to another human being.

I have been stewing for about an hour on how to respond to GP in a manner GP deserves..Well thought out, not snarky, articulate and honest.....For now on I am just going to wait for foszoe's post.....He says what I am trying to say but in a much more level headed fashion than I ever could...

Nice response sir....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have been stewing for about an hour on how to respond to GP in a manner GP deserves..Well thought out, not snarky, articulate and honest.....For now on I am just going to wait for foszoe's post.....He says what I am trying to say but in a much more level headed fashion than I ever could...

Nice response sir....

Where's the fun in that?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Nice response sir....

What about my question wouldn't illicit a level-headed response? It seemed like a pretty simple question.

Is a Democrat majority what's best for the country: Yes or no?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Who's this "We" you be talking about White Man?--Tonto

It seems to me that a life of privilege with no one calling him to task resulted in the pigheaded bully we know as Don Trump.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Who's this "We" you be talking about White Man?

Democrats, Libertarians, and Republicans....Donald J. Trump is jludo's avatar come to life....We the people conjured him...It's one thing to give the middle finger to the establishment and the media and quite another to bring the middle finger to life and put him up on the ballot....

We are magicians of the highest order......

I give certain left leaning folks their due...You all longed longed for a non establishment, non evangelical, not uptight about sex (or partying), outside of the political realm candidate to run for president...

Wish granted INGO....

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I remember a story about Donald about the time of the Challenger disaster. I was in town for a meeting and picked up the story in a local paper (NYT?) Anyway, the Donald was pissed off in a meeting with bankers and lawyers and started kicking furniture with his new $300 pair of Gucci loafers. He ruined the shoes.

That story always stuck with me as how not to act in a business meeting.

It seems to me he only got worse, not better.

I never had to deal with the man, so I don't take responsibility for his creation. I wish his father had used a prophylactic, however.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Where's the fun in that?

Since you can't answer for yourself, I'll have to assume you're on the "**** the GOP up for reelection" line of thought. If that's wrong, by all means, clarify.

So, assuming that... and this is going to sound real stupid (because it absolutely is)... would it be fair to say you support Hillary being unopposed in whatever she wants? I mean... if you're for the GOP downticket losing... then logically (not logically) you support that. Right?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember a story about a 50 plus year old president meeting with a young intern and using her body as a humidor....That story always struck me as how not to act while in a position of power....

Thank goodness we have a chance to prevent him from ever being in a position that close to power again....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I addressed that a little bit upthread. Throwing support to and promising to vote for hitlary etc.

How many have actually done that though? If GOP congressional candidates openly say they will vote for Hillary, I'd say they're fair game. But I could still back a candidate on my ballot who says he can't vote for either one.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yah. If the stories about Bill had been in the media in 1992, Geo HW would have had a second term.

But just because I despise a cigar-poking democrat does not mean a crotch grabbing pig is the appropriate alternative.

You'd put the crotch-grabber in office. That is disgusting.

Both should go to Hell (if I believed in Hell), and they can take Cosby with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom