The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Speaking of reality, I believe this is a direct quote, "You'd be in jail."

Is that not a direct quote? Where do you get the "I would not have given the leeway and grace given by this administration." It was implied somehow?

But when we talk about apology, I think the one that you should really be apologizing for, the thing that you should be apologizing for are the 33,000 e-mails that you deleted and that you acid washed and the two boxes of e-mails and other things last week that were taken from an office and are now missing. And I tell you what, I didn't think I would say this, but I'm going to and I hate to say it. But if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. Because there has never been so many lies, so much deception. There has never been anything like it. And we’re gonna have a special prosecutor. When I speak, I go out and speak, the people of this country are furious. In my opinion, the people that have been long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this where e-mails, and you get a subpoena. You get a subpoena, and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 e-mails and then you acid wash them or bleach them, as you would say. Very expensive process. So we’re gonna get a special prosecutor and we’re gonna look into it. Because you know what, people have been -- their lives have been destroyed for doing 1/5 of what you have done. And it’s a disgrace, and honestly, you oughta be ashamed of yourself.

Raddatz: Secretary Clinton,I will let you respond.
    Clinton: Everything he just said is absolutely false, but I’m not surprised. In the first debate, I told people it would be impossible to be fact checking Donald all the time. I would never get to talk about anything I’d want to do and how we’re really, going to really, make lives better for people. So once again, go to Hillaryclinton.com. We have literally Trump - you can fact check him in real time. Last time at the first debate ,we had millions of people fact checking so I expect we will have millions more fact checking because, you know, it's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country.
    Trump: Because you would be in jail.

T. Lex if you don't think you are taking that out of context, well I just don't know what to say to you

Read more: Full transcript: Second 2016 presidential debate - POLITICO
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How do you fight a fair fight against someone who doesn't fight fairly?

You lose.

mussolini.jpg

Called it last night.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How do you fight a fair fight against someone who doesn't fight fairly?

With Trump as POTUS? I think that's a fair question.

His personal history is replete with not fighting fair fights.

Trump: Because you would be in jail.

T. Lex if you don't think you are taking that out of context, well I just don't know what to say to you

Ok, I used a contraction as opposed to spelling it out. I was going from memory.

How am I taking that out of context? So your opinion is that he was just playing it for laughs? That he meant something different?

I'll take "What is a special prosecutor" for $200, Alex.
    Uh, usually the categories are not questions. ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ryan says they will be "focused entirely on protecting our congressional majorities"

You think a President Clinton is bad... just wait until you have a President Clinton with a congressional majority.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ok, I used a contraction as opposed to spelling it out. I was going from memory.

How am I taking that out of context? So your opinion is that he was just playing it for laughs? That he meant something different?

Uh, usually the categories are not questions. ;)

Like I said, I don't know what to say. If you don't tie his entire quote preceding it to that line, I don't know what to say to you.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Like I said, I don't know what to say. If you don't tie his entire quote preceding it to that line, I don't know what to say to you.
    There's nothing magical about his prior quote. As I said upthread, if he'd stuck to that, there'd be no problem.

Instead, he went for the laugh, right? He MUST not have meant it, because he'd never go beyond his enumerated powers, right?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Hell, I was right with him when he said that. Huge issues with it going anywhere, but he is allowed to do that. Well, the AG is.

I'll go back and re-read my posts, but that is NOT what I'm talking about. The stuff that came AFTER that part is where he left me wondering if he understands how it is supposed to work.

You know, the part about sending HRC to jail without regard for any investigation.

There's nothing magical about his prior quote. As I said upthread, if he'd stuck to that, there'd be no problem.

Instead, he went for the laugh, right? He MUST not have meant it, because he'd never go beyond his enumerated powers, right?

I'll just let people decide if there was no regard for any investigation based on my citation of the transcript.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, what does "gross negligence" mean? Here's one legal definition.

Gross negligence is a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, which is likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm to persons, property, or both. It is conduct that is extreme when compared with ordinary Negligence, which is a mere failure to exercise reasonable care.

So disregard of the need to use reasonable care. Assuming there were the normal protections for servers, which there appears to have been, were her servers "extremely" vulnerable?

That's the question the DOJ had to answer regarding Clinton.

Normal "negligence" is (generally) not a crime. And here it isn't either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll just let people decide if there was no regard for any investigation based on my citation of the transcript.

What have you decided? Does he understand, to your satisfaction, how the system is supposed to work?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why quit now?

If Trump wins, Pence is first in line once the impeachment begins.

Pence isn't going to step down. I heard his speech at a rally in NC. He basically said he doesn't condone what was said back then but he's going to extend Trump grace like Jesus extended him grace. They're bestest buds again. So, forward.

I'm guessing HRC was hoping to release that just before the election but the wikileaks stuff hit sooner, so...
    [No Intent Required]

Listen to Comey's opening remarks to one of the hearings. Don't remember which, if I come across the youtube video again, I'll post the link. He addressed that saying that the law does provide for prosecution under gross negligence but that no one has ever been prosecuted under that part of the statute before. He asserted that in every prosecution under that law the element of intent was present. Now, I don't know if he's telling the truth. I did not have the time to fact check him. If anyone would like to do that I'm certainly open to finding out that Comey is a liar. But I'm not going to call him one without some evidence first.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hell, I was right with him when he said that. Huge issues with it going anywhere, but he is allowed to do that. Well, the AG is.

I'll go back and re-read my posts, but that is NOT what I'm talking about. The stuff that came AFTER that part is where he left me wondering if he understands how it is supposed to work.

You know, the part about sending HRC to jail without regard for any investigation.

T.Lex from: Debate transcript: The nastiest, most important exchanges of the presidential town hall debate, annotated - LA Times [I'm using the LA Times because they excerpted the juicy parts. If you wish I'm sure I could find it in a full transcript]

From the fourth sub-heading, entitled On Sanders and WikiLeaks

CLINTON: ... I told people that it would be impossible to be fact-checking Donald all the time. I'd never get to talk about anything I want to do and how we're going to really make lives better for people. So, once again, go to HillaryClinton.com.
    We have literally Trump -- you can fact check him in real time. Last time at the first debate, we had millions of people fact checking, so I expect we'll have millions more fact checking, because, you know, it is -- it's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country. [Added color my edit]
    TRUMP: Because you'd be in jail.

It seems quite obvious to me that, to paraphrase, the gist of that exchange is -
    Clinton: It's a good thing someone like Trump isn't running the country...
    Trump: Because if I was, you'd be in jail

You can parse it much more closely, if you wish, but it's a tough sell to try to indicate Trump meant he would 'clap her in irons'. Do you think that everyone wearing a 'Hillary for Prison 2016' shirt is also for violating due process simply because they do not overtly mention it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom