The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Some serious delusion going on here if you can't look at today... the party dropping the candidate... and still think he can win.

I mean... this is obvious right? I can't be missing something here, right?

Do you actually believe he can win after the party abandoned him?

We'll see next month, but these are bad tidings for the Trumpsters. This is what America deserves after worshipping at the altar of personality and power, suspending any pretense of caring about values. I truly don't want Hillary. I want to keep what freedom I have left, I want to keep the money I earn instead of it being stolen by an illegitimate government. I want this place to be better for my children than it was for me. But Trump was not the savior, people!

As a people, we do well. As a nation, we are retarded.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Some serious delusion going on here if you can't look at today... the party dropping the candidate... and still think he can win.

I mean... this is obvious right? I can't be missing something here, right?

Do you actually believe he can win after the party abandoned him?

LOL!

I laugh only because your response is EXACTLY the same one I had with a friend who was a Bernie supporter on the first day of the first day of the Democratic Convention. Even though she had locked up the nomination in both delegates and popular vote, my friend was ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that The delegates would flip to Bernie AT THE CONVENTION and he would be the nominee. It was absolutely delusional, but they were convinced that it would happen.

I just chalk it up to supporters entering the first stage of the four stages of grief (denial).

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    The whole way through the nomination Trump defied conventional wisdom on how to win, which I thought was great. I was hoping he would do the same once he was up against Hillary but time is running out and he just hasn't pulled off the kind of bizarre upsets he did before.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Nothing has changed... same people that were not voting for Trump beforehand are the ones squealing the loudest now.

I agree with this. It isn't like the fact the he is sexist, or sees women (and pretty much all other people really) as objects rather than fellow human beings is new information to the situation. If people were OK with that before why would it bother them now that evidence of him vocalizing it in a more lewd way he surfaced? If if they weren't this tape isn't going to help.

I'm more worried about the alternate reality he is constructing around the Central Park Five. That doesn't seem like the kind of mentality that should be enabled with the power of POTUS.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The sad truth is that IF Trump were already in office as a republican and part of their machine, they would be far less condemning and far more likely to brush this off and try to spin it.

However, as he isn't part of their little club then they cut him off right away!

The dems poo-poo stupid things elected dems do, and the republicans poo-poo stupid things elected republicans do.

Trumps great sin wasn't that he was obnoxious, it wasn't that he got caught. Plenty have come before guilty of both indiscretions. Rather, his crime is that he isn't inside the old-boys club for them to circle the wagons.

Regards,

Doug

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    It will "actually" energize His base, Which is ME and everyone else who is fed up with political animals that run the rnc.

OK, I will except all of the conscientious third party people from that statement. The more EPA crowd and the Libertarians.

Here is the problem with that theory. No matter how "energized" a voter in his base is, they only get ONE VOTE. The math says that his base IS NOT big enough to win the election. Last polls had him at about 43%. Clinton is at about 48%. He needs to EXPAND his base. He is failing to do so in a spectacular fashion.

My bet is that within that 43%, probably 80-90% are his true base That is a little over 35-40% of the voting block. Their love for Trump/hatred of Clinton will keep them on the Trump train no matter what. However, he could lose 5-15% of his existing supporters. However, that is pretty much irrelevant. The problem is that he most likely will not GAIN any new voters in the next 31 days. He WILL NOT take any supporters away from Clinton at this point. He also isn't going to turn many undecideds or third party supporters to him now, either. How in the world does anyone expect him to win now?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Here is the problem with that theory. No matter how "energized" a voter in his base is, they only get ONE VOTE. The math says that his base IS NOT big enough to win the election. Last polls had him at about 43%. Clinton is at about 48%. He needs to EXPAND his base. He is failing to do so in a spectacular fashion.

My bet is that within that 43%, probably 80-90% are his true base That is a little over 35-40% of the voting block. Their love for Trump/hatred of Clinton will keep them on the Trump train no matter what. However, he could lose 5-15% of his existing supporters. However, that is pretty much irrelevant. The problem is that he most likely will not GAIN any new voters in the next 31 days. He WILL NOT take any supporters away from Clinton at this point. He also isn't going to turn many undecideds or third party supporters to him now, either. How in the world does anyone expect him to win now?

Still plenty of time for something big to drop on clinton. Everyone has been rather reserved with incriminating dumps, holding back until the last days.

It'll be a knock down drag out and I'll be surprised if people from both sides don't end up in jail over it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The entire GOP was against Trump from day 1. Why some of you think the GOP abandoning him now is some sort of dire circumstance is a mystery. They're just nailing their own coffins shut. The GOP will never win another election... isn't that what you want?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's all you got?

Take your best shot. You're losing big in the 11th round.

The fact she has rabid white supremacists on her staff should make more waves in the news than it is.

50XjmOn.jpg

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1637

But I guess even that KKK endorsement is easily forgotten by most.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Perhaps Trump has had the Nixon moment and just doesn't get it.

When Nixon had to give up defending himself in the Watergate scandal was not so much a personal choice as when his party members told him they wouldn't support him.

Bill Clinton managed to hang on to party support. I think Clinton is just as bad as Trump in terms of character, maybe worse. But Clinton was a lot smarter.

While I have always appreciated that Trump said some things that needed to be said (not this crap, but stuff he said early in the campaign), he has never offered anything other than being "not" the regular politician. There are a lot of "not a regular politicians" out there that could offer something and do not have a fraction of the flaws he has.

This guy is bad news, but the Republicans are reaping what they have sowed for being Democrat-lite the past 16 years or so.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The entire GOP was against Trump from day 1. Why some of you think the GOP abandoning him now is some sort of dire circumstance is a mystery. They're just nailing their own coffins shut. The GOP will never win another election... isn't that what you want?
    It is about time for the GOP to eat their own AGAIN!The anti-Trumpeters can take the moral high ground on this one, any the Hag would love your help.I only care about the next SCOTUS picks,(and there may be as many as 3 )
    because if the HAG chooses,we all loose.I will still take what is behind door number 2..........Also the GOP is milk toast.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

You are preaching to the choir. No one here is defending Bill or Hillary Clinton (well not 99% of us anyway). In fact, I'll add that the Democrats who refused to see a problem with what Bill Clinton did to an intern are part of the problem with the culture they complain about. Yes they are hypocrites.

Whether Bill would have been treated the same if one if his incidents were suddenly revealed and provable 30 days before an election, I do not know. The fact is that he never lost his party support.

Now more Republicans see Trump as a sinking ship and they are taking a lifeboat to sail another day.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The fact she has rabid white supremacists on her staff should make more waves in the news than it is.

50XjmOn.jpg

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1637

But I guess even that KKK endorsement is easily forgotten by most.

I read the entire email, which obviously you did not. The email was a celebration of Jewishness...which, last time the skinheads said anything, are excluded from the White Supremecist clan.

Try again.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You can make this about Hillary all you want. Lord knows, I don't care for her.

But YOUR candidate is on the ropes....and the manager wants to throw in the towel. Excuses and pointing fingers at the other guy don't work.

Think about it. A woman defends her family. Most women don't see a problem with Hillary even though they think Bill contemptible. She did not abuse those women. She is a victim. While she may have attacked the women, blaming them and their motives, she's still just a wife in denial.

Trump on the other hand, is the predator.

Trump has lost most of the female vote at this point. Barry Goldwater got 38% of the popular vote. I'll be surprised if Trump breaks 25.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom