The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    kitten_8993.jpg

BUT TRUMP!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    New news that Trump has at least 249 companies located in Russia, based on official paperwork of Trump LLC via Russian gov

(Trump said he had no investments in Russia.)

Not sure if it's enough to get a news article yet, but if so, I'll update this post.

But he's not beholden to anyone. :rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    New news that Trump has at least 249 companies located in Russia, based on official paperwork of Trump LLC via Russian gov

(Trump said he had no investments in Russia.)

Not sure if it's enough to get a news article yet, but if so, I'll update this post.

This smells fake to me. Maybe 249 businesses with partners in Russia. But Russia just isn't tax friendly. At all. Even Russians set up corps in other countries.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This smells fake to me. Maybe 249 businesses with partners in Russia. But Russia just isn't tax friendly. At all. Even Russians set up corps in other countries.

Yeah, haven't seen the story move at all. Current source is a single account "KeepAmerGr8" PAC that runs a coalition against Trump. Got a couple verified re-tweets... but it's been stagnant since then. Probably not much to this one.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Melania Trump tells CNN she wants her focus as First Lady to be combating negativity on social media.

Granted, it doesn't matter because she'll never be First Lady... but I'm trying to find an angle to this that isn't anti-1A.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Melania Trump tells CNN she wants her focus as First Lady to be combating negativity on social media.

Granted, it doesn't matter because she'll never be First Lady... but I'm trying to find an angle to this that isn't anti-1A.

I think she meant it will be a full-time job just trying to control what her husband posts to social media.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I'm trying to find an angle that is anti-1A. Did she say she wants to outlaw it?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

What? She can't encourage people to act civilized even if they are just acting without infringing on the 1A?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm trying to find an angle that is anti-1A. Did she say she wants to outlaw it?

What? She can't encourage people to act civilized even if they are just acting without infringing on the 1A?

Very optimistic of you. Given how litigious the Trump's are... I highly doubt her thought process is "encourage people to be better."

But hey, no one knows, and we never will.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Finally, Trump puts forth some good and useful policy!

ETHICS REFORM

“It’s Time To Drain The Swamp In Washington, D.C. That’s Why I’m Proposing A Package Of Ethics Reforms To Make Our Government Honest Once Again.” - Donald J. Trump

First:
    I am going to re-institute a 5-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government for 5 years after they leave government service. I am going to ask Congress to pass this ban into law so that it cannot be lifted by executive order.

Second: I am going to ask Congress to institute its own 5-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.

Third: I am going to expand the definition of lobbyist so we close all the loopholes that former government officials use by labeling themselves consultants and advisors when we all know they are lobbyists.

Fourth: I am going to issue a lifetime ban against senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

Fifth: I am going to ask Congress to pass a campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections.

Not only will we end our government corruption, but we will end the economic stagnation.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trumps-five-point-plan-for-ethics-reform

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Very optimistic of you. Given how litigious the Trump's are... I highly doubt her thought process is "encourage people to be better."

But hey, no one knows, and we never will.

You may call it being optimistic.

I call it being non judgmental.

I prefer to let their own words commit the crime rather than believe your conclusion, or anyone else's for that matter.

Pre judging allows you to say you were right when something happens, and that seems to be important to you.

I prefer to allow for all possible outcomes until only one exists.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Karl Rove has some interesting articles up.

Voter enthusiasm down this cycle. (shocked face)
    Polling News | Karl Rove

But, Republicans seem to be registering more people in battleground states. So that could bode well for Trump.
    Polling News | Karl Rove

(These are kinda old because I don't check Rove as often in the last few years. He's kinda lost relevance.)

ETA:
    Nate Silver has a great line in his campaign update article.

[h=2]10. What would keep me up late at night if I were Trump?[/h] I’m not sure I can keep up the gag of pretending that Trump has some sort of rational inner monologue.

:)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom