Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Insurance will take care of most of it. I will need to replace my appliances myself but as far as the damage to the house it will be covered. New smoke detectors in all the rooms now. The one we had didn't go off. Thank God our dogs did
    Glad you have the dogs. Hope everything works out. Glad everybody is ok.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Glad you have the dogs. Hope everything works out. Glad everybody is ok.

Everything will be fine. We're very fortunate. The house is still livable and even the kitchen is "functional". I can't really use my microwave (it melted kinda) but the stove/oven, sink, fridge, and everything else is fine. It's just really dark in there. I have a LOT of dishes to wash though. Everything is covered in soot

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Insurance will take care of most of it. I will need to replace my appliances myself but as far as the damage to the house it will be covered. New smoke detectors in all the rooms now. The one we had didn't go off. Thank God our dogs did

Most cool.Just worried as to bedding/clothing for the young ones. I am glad it was contained and the man cave did not go off.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Everything will be fine. We're very fortunate. The house is still livable and even the kitchen is "functional". I can't really use my microwave (it melted kinda) but the stove/oven, sink, fridge, and everything else is fine. It's just really dark in there. I have a LOT of dishes to wash though. Everything is covered in soot
    We had a fire at work 12 yrs ago, I know what kind of a mess you have on your hands.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

If it has a lot of soot on it, you may want to consider replacing it...especially if you have insurance to cover that. Our neighbors' house burned a few years ago, and the firemen told them not to keep any of the dishes that had the soot on them because of the toxins from the heat/smoke.

I've had too many people I know who have had fires...more than I'd like, that's for sure. At least you lives were lost...that is the biggest thing. My cousin lost her four year old in a house fire while she was getting the 2 year old twins out. She went back in multiple times but could not find her. Turned out Katie had been crawling around on the floor and was in a spot she had checked and did not go back to a second time.

Treat those dogs like royalty! They are heroes!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Most cool.Just worried as to bedding/clothing for the young ones. I am glad it was contained and the man cave did not go off.

Everything can be washed easily. There isn't even any smoke damage in the back of our house where the bedrooms are. Except for one thing. I picked the kids up at the sitter pretty late last night and explained to them that there had been a fire but that it was all gone and it just burned up the kitchen. Damiana's first question was "Are my animals (meaning her stuffed animals) all safe?". Of course they were. Once I got her in bed she started screaming like something was seriously wrong. I couldn't get her to talk to me for a minute but she finally screamed that "Star horsey is all burned up!!!!!". Poor kid was freaking out. It was nothing that a trip to the washing machine couldn't fix but damn she was unhappy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom