• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah.Sometimes you can get a spark when you plug something but not when they're already plugged.

Not that's im an expert on anything fire related.

Neither am I. I just never thought anything like that could happen unless whatever was plugged in was faulty. I got this thing for Christmas. It's barely two months old. I wouldn't think it would be faulty at this point.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Everything happens for a reason! I know you were stressed about his hours getting cut, but had he been at work tonight, you guys would be truly smurfed*.

*Usage of "smurf" blatantly stolen from RnR

I thought of that too while I was driving home. We would have lost everything had he been at work

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Neither am I. I just never thought anything like that could happen unless whatever was plugged in was faulty. I got this thing for Christmas. It's barely two months old. I wouldn't think it would be faulty at this point.

I googled to see if there were any recalls, but didn't find any. I'd still send Hamilton Beach an email with pics to let them know.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I guess it has nothing to do with a new the thing is. :dunno:
    Also with some cheap electronic stuff they make these days two months is long time before something goes wrong.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I googled to see if there were any recalls, but didn't find any. I'd still send Hamilton Beach an email with pics to let them know.

Oh you bet I will! My entire life could have been turned upside down tonight by that thing. The only thing that saved me were two awesome dogs and a man who happened to be home

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Oh you bet I will! My entire life could have been turned upside down tonight by that thing. The only thing that saved me were two awesome dogs and one awesome man in undies who happened to be home

FIFY

Did he call the firebrigade after he put down the fire?
    They probably can tell for sure what started the fire and give you some paperwork you could send to the mixer company. :dunno:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    FIFY

Did he call the firebrigade after he put down the fire?
    They probably can tell for sure what started the fire and give you some paperwork you could send to the mixer company. :dunno:

No he didn't call them. I think he was out of his mind at that point. When I got home he was sitting in his car with the engine running and the heat cranked up with two of our cats (he couldn't find the other two) and our dogs to try and stay warm and let the house air out. He was beside himself trying to figure out where the other cats were and freaking out about the fact that he couldn't see anything at all when he got out of the shower

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No he didn't call them. I think he was out of his mind at that point. When I got home he was sitting in his car with the engine running and the heat cranked up with two of our cats (he couldn't find the other two) and our dogs to try and stay warm and let the house air out. He was beside himself trying to figure out where the other cats were and freaking out about the fact that he couldn't see anything at all when he got out of the shower

Maybe they can come to just investigate the fire.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Maybe they can come to just investigate the fire.

I think that's a good idea. The landlord is coming tomorrow to survey the damage. We know we need a new window, new cabinets, and a new countertop. Other than that I think it's just superficial. Oh and the hood for the oven. It melted

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think that's a good idea. The landlord is coming tomorrow to survey the damage. We know we need a new window, new cabinets, and a new countertop. Other than that I think it's just superficial. Oh and the hood for the oven. It melted

It could a defect in an electric box inside a wall or something like else that you cant see .Just because the fire is out doesn't mean the house is safe so yeah a firefighter or an electrician can probably tell you what went wrong.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It could a defect in an electric box inside a wall or something like else that you cant see .Just because the fire is out doesn't mean the house is safe so yeah a firefighter or an electrician can probably tell you what went wrong.

Yeah we're definitely going to have it looked at. Until further notice I will NOT be using that outlet

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah we're definitely going to have it looked at. Until further notice I will NOT be using that outlet

Good.
    I would also make sure the fire is out for good.If the wall was dammaged it's possible there's still a risk of having some fire embers inside the wall.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Good.
    I would also make sure the fire is out for good.If the wall was dammaged it's possible there's still a risk of having some fire embers inside the wall.

This! Just because you can't see the fire doesn't mean it's gone. Smouldering embers can come back to life hours later!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom