mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I would be talking to the postmaster. No excuse for any of that.

I talk to the postmaster routinely. I also now hand deliver to the post office each piece of mail that is in my box that does not belong to me so they know just how often it happens. I am ready to contact the postmaster's supervisor if things don't straighten up soon. I have had two checks lost in the past year that I had to have replaced by the sender (same person sent both). I've had disconnect notices due to not getting my electric bill. I have a $7 late fee on my phone bill this month after the last one I found in the ditch after the bill was due. I'm tired of it. I'm ready to explore my options for going beyond the postmaster. One day, I had an envelope in my box that was addressed to someone who lives in Wakarusa, IN. How did that happen? Nothing in the address was remotely similar...completely different name, street name (not rural road address), different town and different zip code and it ends up in my box???? I made sure to have our tax refund direct deposited this year for fear that it would be lost and I would have to fight to get the check replaced.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good evening all. Went to dinner with some friends and am gearing up for the road trip tomorrow to get my car from my son's apartment so we can get it fixed. Some friends have a car carrier trailer that we can borrow so we got that part figured out. Hubby found a shop that said they can repair the transmission with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty for $895 if we deliver the vehicle to them so I believe that is the plan as of right now. I sure hope it doesn't take long so my truck won't be gone too long.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good evening all. Went to dinner with some friends and am gearing up for the road trip tomorrow to get my car from my son's apartment so we can get it fixed. Some friends have a car carrier trailer that we can borrow so we got that part figured out. Hubby found a shop that said they can repair the transmission with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty for $895 if we deliver the vehicle to them so I believe that is the plan as of right now. I sure hope it doesn't take long so my truck won't be gone too long.

I feel better knowing that we have a plan. I sure wasn't expecting him to have major problems with the car a week after we gave it to him to drive! We figure we are better off getting this one fixed since we know it has been well maintained rather than buying him a used car that has unknown problems....and could end up costing way more than this repair. We've done a lot of stuff to this one over the past few years so I am sure hoping this will be the only big thing for a while...he can do brakes and such. He's a pretty good mechanic but hasn't messed with transmissions and doesn't have a place to do something that involved.

I guess I should print out the directions...I have been down there for a while. I know how to get to 67 and then have to remember how to get to his apartment from there!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom