Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Hi Mrs. G

Saw the pictures of your gang on FB...is the little boy S's soon-to-be stepchild?

the little redhead, yes. He's so adorable. He came up to me tonight and told me I was going to be his Step-Grandma soon. I just looked him in the eye and told him he was already my grandson, so call me Grandma now. Big smile and hugs were given. He is 6 years old

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    the little redhead, yes. He's so adorable. He came up to me tonight and told me I was going to be his Step-Grandma soon. I just looked him in the eye and told him he was already my grandson, so call me Grandma now. Big smile and hugs were given. He is 6 years old

You did more for him than you know.....:)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Children have no recourse in this life. They love unconditionally if we let them and even if we do not they still love.
    That is a lot of love.

his grandmother, moms mom, doesn't like his daddy at all, therefore she doesn't care a lot about E either. No pictures of him on facebook, no bragging about him, etc. Kids pick up on this and I am going to do my best to love that little boy and give him what he deserves.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He's blessed to have you as his grandma. Some day, I will have grandchildren. I'm satisfied to wait for my daughter to be settled a bit more and would rather they wait until they are in a house rather than their little apartment. I don't know if my son will ever have kids.

In the meantime, I spoil my nieces and nephews little ones.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    He's blessed to have you as his grandma. Some day, I will have grandchildren. I'm satisfied to wait for my daughter to be settled a bit more and would rather they wait until they are in a house rather than their little apartment. I don't know if my son will ever have kids.

In the meantime, I spoil my nieces and nephews little ones.

that is my sister to a tee!

Her boys aren't married, no serious girls. The oldest will probably never marry and the youngest just ended a very long term relationship. She spoils my babies instead!! Even E this year, whom she has never met.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    his grandmother, moms mom, doesn't like his daddy at all, therefore she doesn't care a lot about E either. No pictures of him on facebook, no bragging about him, etc. Kids pick up on this and I am going to do my best to love that little boy and give him what he deserves.

I was the black sheep of my family as well. Trust when I tell you kids know when **** aint right.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The neighbor's grandchildren are also on my list to spoil. I have some things I plan to make for them that I had hoped to do before Christmas. Orders got in the way and now I have an afghan I have to do for the next great-niece due in February so that bumped them a bit farther down the list. The afghan is on my list as soon as I finish the sweater I started the other day. I might have their surprises done for Valentine's day.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The neighbor's grandchildren are also on my list to spoil. I have some things I plan to make for them that I had hoped to do before Christmas. Orders got in the way and now I have an afghan I have to do for the next great-niece due in February so that bumped them a bit farther down the list. The afghan is on my list as soon as I finish the sweater I started the other day. I might have their surprises done for Valentine's day.

that will be a nice surprise for them

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I loaded us up this morning on firewood. Hubby was impressed with my ninja stacking skills...that cart is full. I told him all of my jigsaw puzzles I did growing up are paying off. That cart was strategically packed and nothing was falling off. The wagon is outside the door with at least another half of a cart in it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I loaded us up this morning on firewood. Hubby was impressed with my ninja stacking skills...that cart is full. I told him all of my jigsaw puzzles I did growing up are paying off. That cart was strategically packed and nothing was falling off. The wagon is outside the door with at least another half of a cart in it.

We just have a small rack next to the stove. It will hold a full days worth in this weather.
    I am rolling north tomorrow to replace the ric of wood that was stolen from us.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We just have a small rack next to the stove. It will hold a full days worth in this weather.
    I am rolling north tomorrow to replace the ric of wood that was stolen from us.

You had wood stolen? Was that recently or a while back?? We use a hand cart like for moving things and hubby made bars that bolt onto the front of it to make it like the carts they sell for moving firewood. It holds a pretty good supply and will get us through a full day. I've been using my gardening wagon to bring the wood up to the house so we don't have to drag the hand cart through all of the snow and then across the new floor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom