• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    you're more than welcome to shoot at my range whenever I'm available. It goes out to 200yds but it is a bit of a drive. Its down in Gnawbone (Nashville) and takes me about 45 - 50 min to get there from my place.

Nashville is about an hour 20 from my place I may take you up on that once I get a rifle worth of that yardage. Right now the wife is in a no new guns mode for some reason. So have to be strategic in my purchases.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    right now the order keeps changing between a Remington 700 in .308 and a spikes mil-spec AR in 5.56. of course both will be threaded for latter suppressor attachment.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    It didn't take that long to find out, they new what it was within three hours of being in the hospital, It took two weeks to get her well enough to leave the hospital, and the damage was done to her other organs during that time! It is nothing to mess with, they finally got ride of it with the newest antibiotic on the market! it would not respond to anything else!

:wow:
    I'm glad they got her all fixed up.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I'm terrible with dates but it was at least 5 years ago maybe more! it was a ruff couple of weeks, You could cut my arms and legs off and it wouldn't bother me as much as seeing her sick in the hospital.

I know where you come from. I can take a lot but do something to my family and I have a lot harder time dealing with.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    right now the order keeps changing between a Remington 700 in .308 and a spikes mil-spec AR in 5.56. of course both will be threaded for latter suppressor attachment.

I'd start with the AR, work your way into the expense. It'd be much cheaper to shoot and would help you get used to more powerful rifles.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm terrible with dates but it was at least 5 years ago maybe more! it was a ruff couple of weeks, You could cut my arms and legs off and it wouldn't bother me as much as seeing her sick in the hospital.

I know how you feel there. I've had people I care about sick in the hospital that I'd trade places with in a second if it would help them feel better.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Thank you my friend!! :D
    no worries buddy. You know if you ever really needed something I sure there is a group of us here that would be more than willing to drive up and help you out.

also I about passed out once when i took the wife to give blood. I have almost cut my fingers off and don't have trouble that. It's crazy how we can worry for someone else so much.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    you forget I do reliability testing for military weapons systems. And, I shoot a lot of trap every week. Big caliber guns don't bother me.:D

Yes I did forget that, but also what would be more useful to you in town?

I live in the country, so having more bolt guns then semi autos isn't a bad thing at all. ;)

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    no worries buddy. You know if you ever really needed something I sure there is a group of us here that would be more than willing to drive up and help you out.

also I about passed out once when i took the wife to give blood. I have almost cut my fingers off and don't have trouble that. It's crazy how we can worry for someone else so much.

Yep! I had a couple of times that I just went out to the parking garage and lost it! don't ever want to see her that way again, She is my lite in life! and I have no dought that God created me to Love her!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Yes I did forget that, but also what would be more useful to you in town?

I live in the country, so having more bolt buns then semi autos isn't a bad thing at all. ;)

in my town. well AllenM, who owns diamond collision, lives in the same subdivision so I know I have at least one other reasonably sane person to help lay down cover fire.:D

the reason I keep changing my mind is just that which will I shoot more, which would I enjoy more, cost, etc. etc. I should just wait and buy both at the same time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom