• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It's not really more time off, just spread out more.

winner winner chicken dinner

they still attend 180 days, just spread out. They only get 8 weeks off in the summer

As far as offering intersession, part of the reason IPS NEVER closes for severe weather is because inner city Indianapolis has so many low income families. If these kids aren't in school, some of them aren't getting fed. So they keep them in school. Intersession is another way to keep them in and fed.
    They label it "extra help" for those who need it. Liam didn't need it as he is passing with high honors this year and they actually finally moved him into the advanced classes. But they sent letters home telling me when,, where etc and the bus will pick him up yadda, yadda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    IPS went to a "Balanced Calender" this year. I wasn't happy when I heard about it but rather than complain I was willing to give it a shot.
    One thing I have learned, he will go the intersession that is offered on the 2 week breaks now. Basically "fun school" at different IPS school while they are off. That also helps parents who can't afford a sitter while the kids are off/
    Does IPS provide transportation to the Intersession schools?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog

they still attend 180 days, just spread out. They only get 8 weeks off in the summer

As far as offering intersession, part of the reason IPS NEVER closes for severe weather is because inner city Indianapolis has so many low income families. If these kids aren't in school, some of them aren't getting fed. So they keep them in school. Intersession is another way to keep them in and fed.
    They label it "extra help" for those who need it. Liam didn't need it as he is passing with high honors this year and they actually finally moved him into the advanced classes. But they sent letters home telling me when,, where etc and the bus will pick him up yadda, yadda
    I wondered how they would get some of the students IPS is targeting to attend.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows

That is impressive,and i never thought of it like that (not in school not getting fed) ---makes sence.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Good morning Shadow, DO, Expat. Who said the nasty Rain word??? I haven't got my mower back from the shop yet, we get any rain I'm gonna have to Bush-hog the yard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom