• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Yep, that's a baby copperhead! I would have left him alone but he was up by the house, I didn't want one of the doggies to find him!

hmmm didn't look like the copperheads we have back home....great now that i've searched for snake images to see what it was I'm going to have nightmares about snakes tonite.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yep, that's a baby copperhead! I would have left him alone but he was up by the house, I didn't want one of the doggies to find him!

YIKES!!!!! I would have cut it into 1 inch peices to make sure it's dead!! then I'd hunt down his Mom & Dad and do the same to them!! :xmad:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    GM all and I do not like snakes either and we get them around our house all the time. So far nothing like the copperhead tho. I find their shedded skin all over the place even right up against the house. Yuck I hate snakes.

One of my doggies is getting new house built for them right now. Brad is playing carpenter today.:D

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    hmmm didn't look like the copperheads we have back home....great now that i've searched for snake images to see what it was I'm going to have nightmares about snakes tonite.

There's four or five sub-species, this is a northern copperhead. I had to look it up too, and the babies look different then adults.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    My ZT got to taste venom last night!:eek:

d46dfc05.jpg

I honestly think you found a baby corn snake. The head is not triangular enough to be a copperhead. This is a picture of a corn snake (Elaphe guttata)

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I honestly think you found a baby corn snake. The head is not triangular enough to be a copperhead. This is a picture of a corn snake (Elaphe guttata)

That is what I thought it was at first but I figured the older wiser crowd would know better than I.

How was that grammar chuck?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom