• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Okay guys I need some help. My driver side window will not roll down. The other 3 work fine. Tested the juice coming from the switch and it looks like it is getting juice. Anybody have ideas, or experience this themselves?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Okay guys I need some help. My driver side window will not roll down. The other 3 work fine. Tested the juice coming from the switch and it looks like it is getting juice. Anybody have ideas, or experience this themselves?

could be the motor, or the switch. Pull the switch out (if its easy) and check the leads on the bottom. Sometimes they just get a little corroded and you can clean 'em with a wire brush or sand paper and pop it back in.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    could be the motor, or the switch. Pull the switch out (if its easy) and check the leads on the bottom. Sometimes they just get a little corroded and you can clean 'em with a wire brush or sand paper and pop it back in.

I already had pulled out the switch. Looked ok. Would the motor be bad if the other 3 windows are still rolling down?

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    glad heartthrob boy knows what to do because I was lost.
    I holler at the hubby or one of his friends

I work on my own vehicles, something about using your hands and getting dirty, and the satisfaction of being able to do it. I will admit, I don't know a lot of terminalogy and stuff but I try to learn.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I already had pulled out the switch. Looked ok. Would the motor be bad if the other 3 windows are still rolling down?
    each door has it's own motor. so yes it could be the motor
    I work on my own vehicles, something about using your hands and getting dirty, and the satisfaction of being able to do it. I will admit, I don't know a lot of terminalogy and stuff but I try to learn.
    I can do it. I choose not to. that is one thing my dad insisted I learn was basic maintenance and repairs on cars. I went further and took a beginners car class my senior year of high school

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County

I can do it. I choose not to. that is one thing my dad insisted I learn was basic maintenance and repairs on cars. I went further and took a beginners car class my senior year of high school

That's awesome. I thought about being a mechanic when I was younger. I job shaddowed my dad out at Atterbury when I was in high school. He was a heavy diesel mechanic. He had me working on a grader out there and then left to go do something else. Lol! I was like thanks dad.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

:+1:

Could also be other stuff... One way to test is yank off the door panel, and see if you can put power (12v) to the motor directly to see if it works

every car is a bit different, I don't know if there is a fuse or relay in there but that could be the problem too

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom