• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    :dunno: Is he out of town or something???

I think he lives in California....looks like a nice house, $750/month with all utilities included...only catch is I'd have to care for the house and make repairs as if I owned it, but the owner would reimburse via deduction on rent.

Sounds like a good deal, but I've never rented a house...so idk....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    No needed repairs as of now, but I'm thinking of emergency repairs that can come up and cost $$$$$

The only problem I see is how much will he pay you back? Just the cost of materials? Labor? How much will you charge vs. how much will he pay you per hour to do the work?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    That wouldn't bother me, I had a deal like that in Florida years ago. There was a limit on the cash outlay, I think it was $250 in 1990 dollars.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The only problem I see is how much will he pay you back? Just the cost of materials? Labor? How much will you charge vs. how much will he pay you per hour to do the work?

Assuming a pro does repairs since I don't own it?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    No needed repairs as of now, but I'm thinking of emergency repairs that can come up and cost $$$$$
    Certain repairs you should never do. Electrical stuff for one. You can get hurt, and you should be a certified electrician. But like if your plumbing leaks or something like that, I've repaired it and the landlord has paid me back. Really big money repairs, furnaces, hot water heaters, I'm not sure I would do that.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Certain repairs you should never do. Electrical stuff for one. You can get hurt, and you should be a certified electrician. But like if your plumbing leaks or something like that, I've repaired it and the landlord has paid me back. Really big money repairs, furnaces, hot water heaters, I'm not sure I would do that.

I can change water heaters myself, but golly....so expensive for that or furnace....I know a guy who can do roofs for fair amount and he's quick about it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom